Executive Director of Enrollment Services
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine-Las Cruces, New Mexico
For the people and the future, the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine is dedicated to improving the future health of the Southwestern United States and its border with Northern Mexico through culturally respectful undergraduate, graduate and continuing osteopathic medical education, research, and its support of clinical service to the community. The Executive Director of Enrollment Services plays a leadership role in supporting the mission.
The College is focused on increasing diversity in the physician workforce and fostering a practice of life-long learning, compassion, respect and excellence in its students.
The Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine is regionally and nationally recognized for significantly impacting physician workforce needs of the Southwest and access to quality medical services. Located in Las Cruces, the second largest city in New Mexico, the College is a leader in increasing workforce diversity, particularly among Native American and Hispanic populations.
Executive Director of Enrollment Services Summary:
This position demonstrates Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine’s value for respect, trust, integrity and commitment. The department of Enrollment Services includes the functions of registrar, student financial aid, and student admissions. The Executive Director of Enrollment Services directly supervises the Director of Admissions, the Director of Financial Aid and the Registrar, and reports directly to the Dean of the College. The Executive Director of Enrollment Services will provide leadership in the coordination of student recruitment, retention and support initiatives within the context of the College’s strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure effective and efficient delivery of student services in accordance with institutional goals, college policies and professional standards. Maintain responsibility for the administration of and coordination between the offices of Admissions, Financial Aid and the Registrar, and between these offices and students, faculty, staff and external parties.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan, including both recruitment and retention of students. Ensure that underlying plans for admissions, financial aid, and registrar are aligned and integrated as necessary with other departments.
- Collaborate with other departments and college committees to implement academic and student development goals, initiatives, standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop and monitor budgets within department.
- Monitor and ensure that institutional financial aid resources meet the needs of both new and continuing students.
- Ensure that all department operations, policies and processes conform to all governmental requirements, and the standards set forth by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) and other accreditation or regulatory bodies.
- Generate data and interpret statistical reports; monitor enrollment and admissions activity with responsibility for achieving key metrics as identified by executive administration; provide operational reports as required.
- Construct and conduct surveys, needs assessments and evaluations of student needs.
- Ensure that institutional policies are in compliance with government regulations impacting students and that institutional mandates and requirements are met and applied.
- Additional responsibilities at the discretion of the Dean.
Executive Director of Enrollment Services Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in related field; EdD, PhD or other relevant terminal degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years experience in higher education administrative areas of admissions, registrar and/or financial aid with demonstrated accomplishment in leadership roles is required. Ten (10) or more years of experience is preferred.
- Five (5) years higher education supervisory experience in a similar enrollment services managerial position.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on and/or leading institution-wide committees in the areas of admissions, registrar or financial aid initiatives, objective and goal attainment .
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work with diverse students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both small and large audiences.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in the above areas obtained in a medical school setting is preferred.
- Professional accomplishments which qualify for academic appointment are preferred if candidate’s academic credentialing supports such consideration.
Physical/Mental/Visual Demands and Work Environment:
- This job is conducted in an office work environment.
- Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer.
- Must be able to exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Travel is required.
- Typically, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
- Occasionally require evening and weekends for special events.
The statements on this document are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. The college hereby expressly reserves the right to modify any or all job descriptions as it becomes necessary or appropriate.
Executive Director of Enrollment Services - Apply and More Information:
To apply for the position, please submit a letter of interest/intent, your CV/resume and a list of three professional references with their contact information to:
References will not be contacted without prior approval from the candidate. Any inquiry or application will be held in strict confidence. focusEDU is assisting Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine to ensure a quality pool of qualified higher education leaders. Please contact either one of us if you would like to discuss the position and your qualifications for the position. Priority consideration will be afforded to candidates who apply by Friday, August 14, 2020. Starting salary is anticipated to be in the $160,000 range for the selected quality candidate.
Delsie Phillips, Search Coordinator
Herb Riley, Search Coordinator
Non-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Employment:
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine does not discriminate in the conduct of its academic programs on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, religion, marital or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admission, or employment policies and practices. The College further extends its non-discrimination policies to such other protected classes as may be identified and defined by statute.