Assistant Professor Position
School of Teacher Education
Social Studies Education
The Position: The School of Teacher Education is searching for a tenure track assistant professor in Social Studies Education. Position starts August 2020.
- Earned doctorate in social studies education or a closely related field. Candidates nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered, however, the doctorate must be completed by August 1, 2020.
- TK-12 classroom-based experience, including teaching diverse learners.
- Expertise and/or scholarly interest in topics related to social studies, social justice and civic education.
- Familiarity with national and state frameworks for teaching social studies.
- Experience and expertise in online instruction and learning management systems such as Blackboard and/or Canvas.
- Demonstrated potential for grant writing, research and/or scholarly activity.
- Commitment to equity and access in education for all learners.
- Evidence of scholarship commensurate with academic experience.
RANK AND SALARY
Appointment is for a 10–month assistant professor with salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must apply via Interfolio. No paper applications will be accepted.
For further information and application details contact
Search Committee Chair
Dr. Lynne Bercaw
Screening of applications will begin December 1, 2019, and continue until the position is filled, with an anticipated start date of August 2020.
SDSU is a Title IX, equal opportunity employer