The Humanities Department at Bowling Green State University Firelands invites applications for a position in Spanish beginning August, 2020.
Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications as follows:
- a master’s degree in Spanish or a closely related discipline
- native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English
- experience in interdisciplinary approaches, online instruction, and innovative teaching practices
- a record of successful teaching at the undergraduate level as demonstrated by student and/or peer evaluations, instructional materials, and other indicators of student achievement.
Preferred qualification is a Ph.D. in Spanish
Responsibilities: Responsibilities for this position include teaching 12 credit hours per semester in Spanish (language, grammar, literature, culture) and areas of secondary specialization. The chosen candidate is expected to participate in departmental, college and university service.
Salary & Benefits:Competitive and commensurate with peer institution levels for rank and position in keeping with candidate’s experience and credentials. Full benefits package available.
Expected Start Date August 2020
Credentials Required for Application:
- Cover letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy, including evidence of successful teaching at the undergraduate level
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Names and contact information for three individuals who will be asked to provide letters of recommendation (dated within the past year)
For a complete job description and instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Huron Resources, BGSU. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Application Deadline: January 24, 2020
Contact Karen Osterling at [email protected] or 419-372-0623.
BGSU policy requires finalists to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to receiving an offer of employment.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation.