Department: Student Development
Type: Full-time, Staff
Reports to: Vice President for Student Development
The Director of Center for Women Veterans will serve as the inaugural leader for an innovative living/learning program for women who have served in the armed services and desire to earn or complete a college degree in an all-women’s environment.
The Director of the Center for Women Veterans will:
- Develop and manage the Stephens College living/learning program for veterans including programs that enhance personal and intellectual growth;
- Coordinate services, support and programs for veterans related to all opportunities and experiences at Stephens College;
- Be the first point of contact for student veterans at Stephens College serving as an advisor, advocate and source of information and expertise;
- Train faculty and others who will be working with veterans on campus;
- Serve as a liaison to those offices in the community and state that provide resources to veterans;
- Represent the Center for Women Veterans and Stephens College to the veterans’ community and promote the program to key stakeholders;
- Participate actively in the recruitment and retention of student veterans to the program;
- Develop assessment plan with program outcomes;
- Serve as key member of Crisis Management Team to manage crisis that may arise in the community;
- Create strategic vision for the Center;
- Chair the Campus Advisory Committee on Veteran Services;
- Create social and personal development programs that will enhance the experience of student veterans by building community and connection;
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as the offices of Student Development, Residence Life, Enrollment Management, Financial Aid, Marketing, Career and Professional Development and Advancement/Alumnae Relations on programs and initiatives and designed to establish, strengthen and communicate a culture of support and empowerment for women veterans; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or other relevant field is required. Master’s degree in one of these fields is preferred;
- Service in a branch of the armed forces is required;
- Candidates that have worked with women veterans in professional or volunteer capacities will receive special consideration;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict-resolution skills;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong judgment and the capacity to consistently make effective, sound, timely and informed decisions, even in times of stress or crisis;
- Proven ability to multi-task and to balance multiple priorities in a changing environment;
- Track record of working independently and leading teams;
- Proven ability to use discretion and demonstrate sensitivity to confidentiality concerns;
- Proven ability to foster friendly and collaborative relationships; share knowledge and mentor staff; think strategically, operate tactically, and collaborate effectively with staff and leaders across campus.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and College-paid retirement plan.
Qualified applicants must complete an on-line Stephens College application with the following:
- Substantive cover letter addressing the qualifications listed above and reflecting your leadership style
- List of three professional references with full contact information
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check.
EOE A diverse community on campus is valued. | Smoke Free Campus