The School of Art, in the J. William Fulbright College of the University of Arkansas, invites applications for an Endowed Associate/Full Professor in Art Education, to start in August 2020.
The newly-developed School of Art aims to create a nationally recognized model for faculty research, teaching, and service. Endowed position holders are expected to develop innovative, collaborative, and interdisciplinary initiatives (both inside and outside the university) and to support the university’s mission as a flagship, land-grant university.
The Art Education Program seeks a collaborative, innovative, and critical thinker who is highly engaged in the field of art education with a strong research agenda. The candidate will teach both undergraduate and graduate courses related to art education curriculum and pedagogy, research methodologies, foundations and histories, and contemporary theories. This endowed position also provides the opportunity to develop and teach coursework specific to their research interests, and should be able to teach and conduct research projects concerning equity, diversity, and inclusion from an interdisciplinary perspective, share expertise in the development of graduate level art education programs, foster interdisciplinary cross-campus relationships, and connect with a vibrant local and regional art education community. The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Duties for this position include:
- Teach two courses per semester in areas related to the applicant’s expertise and in consultation with the program head and School of Art director
- Maintain active and nationally significant research
- Assist in planning and implementing new graduate degrees
- Participate in B.F.A. in Art Education reviews and serve on future graduate thesis and dissertation committees
- Participate in advising, committee work, and other services
- Be a consistently present and active member of the community
- Contribute positively to program and School of Art recruitment efforts
In addition to these duties, endowed faculty are required to:
- Engage in a minimum of one outreach effort per year
- Maintain a research record appropriate to the prominence of the appointment
- Produce an annual report detailing research, service, and teaching metrics and accomplishments