Front Range Community College
Coordinator of Outreach and Student Engagement, Online- College Wide, Westminster Campus
Front Range Community College (FRCC) is the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 30,000 credit students annually. FRCC is one of 30 colleges in the AACC Pathways project, was recently selected as a Most Promising Place to Work in Diverse Magazine and was profiled as one of 6 top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. The college has a detailed strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates, a strong assessment program, and invests heavily in professional development for staff and faculty including a college-wide leadership program, Roadmap to Achievement. The college has a strong commitment to equity and actively works to create inclusive communities. For more information, visit www.frontrange.edu. The college has a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan, VISION 2020.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of March 12th, 2019.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes:
- A letter of interest of no more than five pages, addressing in general the items under "Primary Duties" and specifically each item under "Required Education" and "Required Experience";
- An eForm application; Complete in its entirety, don't use see resume.
- A resume.
All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above. Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a particular position does not assure the applicant an interview. Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report. An education verification will also be conducted on selected candidate.
SALARY: Low $40's annually
FRCC supports the future success of new students through a college-wide onboarding process that encompasses recruitment through second semester registration, including mandatory orientation. The Coordinator of Outreach and Student Engagement, Online leads all development, assessment, and continuous improvement efforts to raise awareness of the flexibility afforded to FRCC students through our wide range of online courses and support services, including development and maintenance of the fully online version of the New Student Orientation and other Pathways activities offered through the Online Learning department.
The Coordinator of Outreach and Student Engagement, Online works with Enrollment Services, Student Life and Admissions & Outreach (A&O) offices at all of the campuses so that the online version of the orientation remains up-to-date and relevant to all FRCC students. This position also works directly with the campus A&O offices and the Associate Dean of Online Student Affairs to support current and potential online students through strategic enrollment initiatives. The Coordinator of Outreach and Student Engagement, Online connects new and prospective students with faculty, pathways advisors, Career and Academic Community activities, and fellow students throughout the onboarding process, including oversight of the Online Student Union, an online resource and discussion forum available to all FRCC students geared to provide equal engagement activities for students that cannot get involved on campus. This position participates in development and implementation of related communication and registration processes, as well as regular updates, process improvements, and strategic planning.
- Participates in department strategic planning, goal setting, and evaluation of new and existing services related to onboarding online students.
- Directly responsible for the planning, organization, development, implementation, maintenance and assessment of the online New Student Orientation, and related online onboarding activities.
- Leads implementation of additional targeted online orientations developed by FRCC, such as online orientations for transfer students, concurrent enrollment students, and international students.
- Serves as primary point of contact for the vendor of online orientation software and related products.
- Aligns online orientation and onboarding processes with FRCC’s Career and Academic Communities model.
- Collaborates with other Student Affairs and Instructional departments to create an engaging online student experience that builds connections between online faculty, staff and students, both generally and within Career and Academic Communities.
- Provides leadership and supervision of staff responsible for responding to online student inquiries that are generated through the Online Learning main number (the Online Learning ACD phone line), the online application, online New Student Orientation, the Introduction to Online Learning in D2L, the Online Learning email inbox and website.
- Manages communication to online students including, but not limited to, registration processes and student engagement activities through various communications platforms such as, the FRCC CRM (Recruit), Learning Management System (D2L), the FRCC website and more.
- Serves as the Online Learning primary liaison to Navigate and works with a college wide team on development, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement of Navigate.
- Leads development, assessment, and continuous improvement of the Introduction to Online Learning in D2L, a workshop available to all FRCC students (and required for new online students) on how to use the online learning management system (D2L) and be an effective learner in the online environment.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the Online Student Union. This may include supervision of part time staff and student employees.
- Manages budget for online outreach and student engagement
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college/university
- Master's degree in Higher Education Student Affairs Leadership or related field
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships
- Commitment to diversity and ability to work with a diverse college community.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing
- At least one year of experience in higher education or experience working with students (e.g. orientation program, admissions/recruiting, academic advising, student life, online learning).
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies. Experience with Microsoft office suite.
- Experience working with online students.
- Experience working with community college students (online retention programming, academic advising, student life).
- Experience with orientation programming, student leadership programming and other co-curricular programming.
- Experience in a leadership role with increasing professional responsibilities.
- Experience with strategic planning.
- Experience managing and projecting budgets
- Experience with implementing new technologies.
- Proficient in Banner, EAB, D2L and Recruit - or other CRM
Welcome to Front Range Community College, where you come for the students, but stay for the people!
Front Range Community College, as required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), has compiled a comprehensive Campus Security Report. This report includes information about crime statistics from the previous three years, campus security policies as well as prevention programs. Information pertaining to the Boulder County, Larimer and Westminster campuses as well as the Brighton Center are also made available in this report. Published annually, this report can be found on the Front Range Community College web site under campus locations or by following this link. http://www.frontrange.edu/About-Us/Campus-Locations/Campus-Security-Report.aspx . A paper copy is also available upon request by contacting the Campus Security Office at the Boulder County Campus, the Larimer Campus or the Westminster Campus.