|Position Title:||Part-Time Instructor for Manufacturing Technology, Manufacturing and Applied Technology Center (MATC), POOL|
|Open Until Filled (notes):||PT Faculty Pool Position|
|Length of Position:||Contracts are on a term-by-term basis|
|Anticipated Start Date:|
|Position Type:||Part-Time Instructor|
|Salary Level:||Part Time Instructor|
|Starting Minimum Pay:||$546 per load unit (1 LU ~= 1 class credit)|
|Starting Maximum Pay:||$546 per load unit (1 LU ~= 1 class credit)|
|Hours per Week:||depending on class schedule|
|Work Schedule:||depending on class schedule|
|Days of the Week:||Mon-Fri typically|
To provide instruction in the Program as a member of an instructional team as needed. Instruction is for students in certificate and Associate of Applied Science degree programs. The position involves teaching, selecting and conducting laboratory learning experiences appropriate for meeting objectives, and evaluating student performance in the classroom and self-paced laboratory.
1. Provide instruction in Manufacturing-related areas that may include, but not be limited to the following: welding, machining, and non-destructive testing. This includes lecturing, directing and supervising student laboratory practices, and providing individual conference time to guide and evaluate student progress. Classroom teaching may require 4-8 load units (8 to 16 contact hours per week) per term in the self-paced environment.
Marginal Job Functions
1. Cooperate with other College personnel to assist students with career planning, job placement, and follow-up studies.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Broad knowledge and/or work experience in the field of Manufacturing Technology and its related areas: welding, machining, and non-destructive testing.
|Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:|
The ability to work in classroom and office environments using computers, white boards, projectors, and other basic office equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
|Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement|
1. Associates’ degree and/or 5 years work experience in manufacturing, welding, machining, or a closely related discipline.
The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate how they qualify under equivalency by responding to the supplemental question presented during the application process.
1. Bachelor’s preferred in subject or closely related discipline.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
Part-time instructor pools are posted for the academic year to obtain applications from those interested in teaching part-time as a non-benefited instructor, on a term-by-term basis. Positions may not necessarily be available at the time you apply. Your online application will remain active for consideration throughout the length of the posting unless you are notified otherwise.
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact HR at 541-383-7216.
If you have letters of recommendation that are being sent directly to HR, please upload a Word document or PDF stating these documents are being sent to HR. This will act as a placeholder for your required documents and allow you to continue your application process and submit.
|Is a Criminal History Check required?||Yes|
|Is a Credit History Check Required?||No|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|