|Position Title:||PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR OF AUTOMOTIVE (POOL)|
|Open Until Filled (notes):|
|Length of Position:||Contracts are on a term-by-term basis|
|Anticipated Start Date:|
|Position Type:||Part-Time Instructor|
|Salary Level:||Part Time Instructor|
|Starting Minimum Pay:||$573 per load unit (1 LU ~= 1 class credit)|
|Starting Maximum Pay:||$573 per load unit (1 LU ~= 1 class credit)|
|Hours per Week:||depending on class schedule|
|Work Schedule:||depending on class schedule|
|Days of the Week:||Mon-Fri typically|
To provide instruction in automotive technology as a member of an instructional team of full time and
• This is a part-time (< .50 FTE) non-benefited position, hired on a term-by-term basis. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments.
Effectively teach potions of automotive technology relating to eight ASE content areas. Provide individual conference time to guide and evaluate student progress. Management of the self-paced components of this program is included in the teaching loads. Teaching assignments may include courses taught during the day and/or evening. Maintain a quality classroom learning environment and work effectively with individual students. Use teaching and assessment methods which incorporate current educational standards. Evaluate and maintain records of student progress, and provide necessary feedback to students regarding their performance.
Marginal Job Functions
1. Cooperate with other College personnel to assist students with career planning, job placement, and follow-up studies.
2. Act as a resource person for students.
3. Work with appropriate College personnel to write proposals for program funds.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
1. Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
2. Knowledge and/or work experience in automotive certificate course and shop equipment instruction.
3. Knowledge of teaching and instruction to various audiences and group dynamics.
4. Visual ability, corrected, to observe, direct, and supervise students in laboratory situations.
5. Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, film, sound systems, video, television, interactive video and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
6. Ability to operate and oversee the operation of computers.
7. Ability to effectively communicate orally with others, using the English language, with or without the use of an interpreter, auxiliary aids, or services.
8. Ability to review, understand, and apply concepts presented in training programs, conferences, and/or professional literature.
9. 8 Ability to work with automotive faculty and other COCC staff at all levels.
10. Willingness to travel and/or teach at various hours and locations, as required.
11. Ability to work cooperatively with and contribute to a diverse workplace through ideas or experience.
12. Ability/skills to competently advise and/or serve students from a variety of background, respecting cultural and socio-economic differences.
13. Must be able to work with minimal supervision within a “team environment.”
14. Able to analyze, organize, and complete transactions on a timely basis.
15. Must be flexible with job tasks and hours.
|Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:|
The ability to work in classroom and office environments using computers, white boards, projectors, and other basic office equipment, as well as shop equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Standing is required 50% of the time. Occasional exposure to fumes and vapors. Must occasionally handle equipment that is heavy. On-going exposure to some grease, oil, and dirt. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions without a significant risk of injury or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the essential functions listed above.
|Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement|
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other classes protected under Federal and State statues in any education program, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources office, 541.383.7216.
1. Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science in Automotive Technology.
2. Five (5) years of current journeyman level experience in automotive technology.
1. Associate of Science in Industrial/Technical Education.
2. Teaching Experience.
3. Bilingual, multicultural experience preferred.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
Part-time instructor pools are posted for the academic year to obtain applications from those interested in teaching part-time as a non-benefited instructor, on a term-by-term basis. Positions may not necessarily be available at the time you apply. Your online application will remain active for consideration throughout the length of the posting unless you are notified otherwise.
COCC is not able to support work Visa’s for this position. Candidates must be able to work in the United States at time of employment.
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact HR at 541-383-7216.
If you have letters of recommendation that are being sent directly to HR, please upload a Word document or PDF stating these documents are being sent to HR. This will act as a placeholder for your required documents and allow you to continue your application process and submit.
|Is a Criminal History Check required?||Yes|
|Is a Credit History Check Required?||No|
|Open Until Filled||No|