|Position Title:||PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY (POOL)|
|Open Until Filled (notes):|
|Length of Position:||Contracts are on a term-by-term basis|
|Anticipated Start Date:|
|Position Type:||Part-Time Instructor|
|Salary Level:||Part Time Instructor|
|Starting Minimum Pay:||$573 per load unit (1 LU ~= 1 class credit)|
|Starting Maximum Pay:||$573 per load unit (1 LU ~= 1 class credit)|
|Hours per Week:||depending on class schedule|
|Work Schedule:||depending on class schedule|
|Days of the Week:||Mon-Fri typically|
Provide instruction in teaching Medical Terminology. Part-time instructors direct student discussion, lecture and evaluate student performance in the classroom and/or online.
• This is a part-time (< .50 FTE) non-benefited position, hired on a term-by-term basis. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments.
1. Provide instruction in the subject of medical terminology. This includes lecturing, guiding in-class activities, and/or online activities utilizing appropriate technology.
2. Teaching assignments may include courses taught during the mornings, late afternoons, evenings, and weekends, on or off campus.
3. Act as a resource person for students. Provide individual conference time to guide and evaluate student progress. Teaching assignments may include courses taught during the mornings, late afternoons, evenings, and weekends, on or off campus.
4. Perform other essential duties and tasks as pertain to the overall objective of the position.
5. Cooperate with other college personnel to assist students with career planning, job placement, and follow-up studies.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
1. Thorough knowledge of medical terminology
2. Credential or license in a health care discipline.
3. Knowledge of instruction to diverse audiences and in various group dynamics.
4. Ability to observe, direct, and supervise students in classroom situations.
5. Ability to operate or oversee the operation of computers.
6. Ability to work with COCC staffs at all levels.
7. Willingness to teach at various hours, as required.
8. Ability to work cooperatively in a diverse workplace.
|Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:|
Work is performed in classroom and office environments with the ability to sit or stand at workstation for extended periods. The employee is regularly required to use computers, white boards, projectors, and other basic office equipment. The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms and requires near visual acuity to write, read written materials and computer screens, and sufficient hearing and speech ability for ordinary conversations. Computer screen is used frequently. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Travel throughout the College district as needed. A flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, may be necessary due to the nature of the position responsibilities. The employee is required to meet physical and ergonomic requirements of the program area as this may vary from positions. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements with or without reasonable accommodation.
|Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement|
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other classes protected under Federal and State statues in any education program, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources office, 541.383.7216.
Education: Requires a minimum of an AAS degree in a medical field, such as:
Experience: Two years of applicable work experience required.
1. Teaching experience preferred.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
Part-time instructor pools are posted for the academic year to obtain applications from those interested in teaching part-time as a non-benefited instructor, on a term-by-term basis. Positions may not necessarily be available at the time you apply. Your online application will remain active for consideration throughout the length of the posting unless you are notified otherwise.
COCC is not able to support work Visa’s for this position. Candidates must be able to work in the United States at time of employment.
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact HR at 541-383-7216.
If you have letters of recommendation that are being sent directly to HR, please upload a Word document or PDF stating these documents are being sent to HR. This will act as a placeholder for your required documents and allow you to continue your application process and submit.
|Is a Criminal History Check required?||Yes|
|Is a Credit History Check Required?||No|
|Open Until Filled||No|