|Position Title:||Part-Time Instructor for Native American Language (Pool)|
|Open Until Filled (notes):|
|Length of Position:||Contracts are on a term-by-term basis|
|Anticipated Start Date:|
|Position Type:||Part-Time Instructor|
|Salary Level:||Part Time Instructor|
|Starting Minimum Pay:||$573 per load unit (1 LU ~= 1 class credit)|
|Starting Maximum Pay:||$573 per load unit (1 LU ~= 1 class credit)|
|Hours per Week:||depending on class schedule|
|Work Schedule:||depending on class schedule|
|Days of the Week:||Mon-Fri typically|
To provide instruction in Native Language courses including lecture and select learning lab components. Part-time instructors direct student-learning, discussions and evaluate student performance in the classroom and during hands-on field sessions.
• This is a part-time (< .50 FTE) non-benefited position, hired on a term-by-term basis. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments.
1. Provide instruction in Native Language courses. This includes lecturing and guiding in classroom activities, providing individual conference time to guide and evaluate student progress. Teaching assignments may include courses taught during the day and/or evening, and classes taught on or off campus.
2. Office Hours and Student Contact. All instructors are expected to be available to their students outside of class when students are scheduled on campus. There is a minimum of at least one office hour per week for each course taught.
3. Cooperate with other College personnel and Outdoor Leadership faculty to assist students progression of learning.
4. Act as a resource person for students.
5. Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to each location, as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. The individual is expected to follow College work rules and policies.
2. Ability to observe, direct, and supervise students, with or without auxiliary aids or services.
|Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:|
Work is performed in classroom and office environments with the ability to sit or stand at workstation for extended periods. The employee is regularly required to use computers, white boards, projectors, and other basic office equipment. The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms and requires near visual acuity to write, read written materials and computer screens, and sufficient hearing and speech ability for ordinary conversations. Computer screen is used frequently. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Travel throughout the College district as needed. A flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, may be necessary due to the nature of the position responsibilities. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
|Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement|
The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate how they qualify under equivalency by responding to the supplemental question presented during the application process.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
Part-time instructor pools are posted for the academic year to obtain applications from those interested in teaching part-time as a non-benefited instructor, on a term-by-term basis. Positions may not necessarily be available at the time you apply. Your online application will remain active for consideration throughout the length of the posting unless you are notified otherwise.
COCC is not able to support work Visa’s for this position. Candidates must be able to work in the United States at time of employment.
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact HR at 541-383-7216.
If you have letters of recommendation that are being sent directly to HR, please upload a Word document or PDF stating these documents are being sent to HR. This will act as a placeholder for your required documents and allow you to continue your application process and submit.
|Is a Criminal History Check required?||Yes|
|Is a Credit History Check Required?||No|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|