|Position Title:||Campus Center Building Assistant (Part Time, Temporary Hourly, Non-Benefited)|
|Open Until Filled (notes):||Open for Academic Year|
|Length of Position:||Temporary, as Needed Basis|
|Anticipated Start Date:|
Fall, Winter and Spring Terms
|Position Type:||Temporary PT Hourly|
|FTE:||< .50 FTE|
|Salary Level:||Irregular Wage Salary Schedule|
|Starting Minimum Pay:||$10.75/hr, non-benefited position, no guarantee of hours|
|Starting Maximum Pay:||$10.75/hr, non-benefited position, no guarantee of hours|
|Hours per Week:||Hours of the Week May Vary|
|Work Schedule:||Evening and Weekend work hours|
|Days of the Week:||Monday through Sunday|
The positions serves as the primary point of contact receptionist for the Coats Campus Center delivering excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, and community members. The position assists with and provides information about the Campus Center and events taking place in the facility.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• This is a part-time (<.50 FTE) Temporary Hourly/Non-Benefited position
1. Serve as the first point of contact for members of the campus community in the Campus Center.
2. Provide general campus and building information to students, staff and community members through in-person, phone and email interaction.
3. Open and close the building daily and provide support for activities and events. Monitor building activities and events to ensure safe and secure use of building.
4. Assist with student services special projects, such as scripted phone-a-thons, and event set-up as directed by the Office of Student Life and Services.
5. Maintain cleanliness of surrounding areas. Assist with reporting of facility issues or repairs.
6. Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the duties and responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. The applicant must:
1. Ability to interact and serve students from a variety of backgrounds, respecting cultural and socio-economic differences.
|Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:|
Working hours are regular, per the established work schedule. Work is performed in an ordinary office, mostly sitting. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to function effectively indoors in an office environment engaged in work of primarily a sedentary nature with the ability to sit or stand at workstation for extended periods. The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms and requires near visual acuity to write, read written materials and computer screens, and sufficient hearing and speech ability for ordinary telephonic conversations. Occasional lifting under ten pounds for 15 percent of the time. Computer screen is used more than 75 percent of the time. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
|Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement|
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other classes protected under Federal and State statues in any education program, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources office, 541.383.7216.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate how they qualify under equivalency by responding to the supplemental question presented during the application process.
1. Previous customer service experience
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
NOTE: You may be required to upload required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources at 541-383-7216.
|Is a Criminal History Check required?||Yes|
|Is a Credit History Check Required?||No|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|