|Position Title:||IT Tech Streaming Course Assistant-All Campuses (Part Time, Temporary Hourly, Non-Benefited)|
|Open Until Filled (notes):||Open for Academic Year|
|Length of Position:||Temporary, as Needed Basis|
|Anticipated Start Date:|
|Position Type:||Temporary PT Hourly|
|FTE:||< .50 FTE|
|Salary Level:||Irregular Wage Salary Schedule|
|Starting Minimum Pay:||$13.33/hr, non-benefited position, no guarantee of hours|
|Starting Maximum Pay:||$13.33/hr, non-benefited position, no guarantee of hours|
|Hours per Week:||Hours of the Week may Vary|
|Work Schedule:||Work Schedule may Vary|
|Days of the Week:||Days of the Week may Vary|
To facilitate the streaming course experience for students in the receiving classroom. Facilitator of technology in a streaming classroom at any campus. (Bend, Madras, Prineville and Redmond)
Terms of Employment:
1. Orient students to the streaming classroom setting and computer streaming procedures and process, including physical classroom logistics and streaming software information.
2. Operate networked computers and computer programs. Monitor camera and software for streaming classrooms.
3. Make record of and troubleshoot any issues that arise with the technology, including informing the instructor and the math department administrative assistant and chair.
4. Print and then distribute instructor-generated handouts to the students in the classroom.
5. Collect, scan and email completed student work to the instructor and print graded student work to return to students.
6. Proctor exams given in the classroom during the regular scheduled class time.
7. Perform other duties as assigned as they pertain to the overall objective of the position
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the duties and responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. The incumbent is expected to follow College work rules and policies.
1. Computer literacy: experience with email, Internet, word processing, and spreadsheets (preferably experience with MS Office Suite products).
|Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:|
Work will be performed during regular working hours in a classroom setting. Extended standing with occasional lifting between 10-25 lbs. The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms and requires near visual acuity to write, read written materials and computer screens, and sufficient hearing and speech ability for ordinary telephonic conversations. Computer screen is used more than 50 percent of the time. Must be able to climb or pull self upward and guide, feeding materials into proper position. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
|Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement|
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other classes protected under Federal and State statues in any education program, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources office, 541.383.7216.
1. High School diploma or GED
The college recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate how they qualify under equivalency by responding to the supplemental question presented during the application process.
1. Customer Service experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
THIS RECRUITMENT IS HIRING FOR AN ON-CALL TEMPORARY HOURLY NON-BENEFITED POSITION, TO ASSIST WITH SCHEDULING VACANCIES AND REPLACEMENT NEEDS.
NOTE: You may be required to upload required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources at 541-383-7216.
|Is a Criminal History Check required?||Yes|
|Is a Credit History Check Required?||No|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|