Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college that is dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. Since 1900, the College has been committed to academic innovation and providing the highest standard of education while empowering students to pursue a college degree. Rasmussen College offers certificate and diploma programs through associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs online and across its 22 Midwest and Florida campuses. A pioneer in online education, the College is helping lead advancements in innovations such as competency-based education and comprehensive student support services that help working adults advance their careers. The College is also committed to providing a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
The Support Specialist reports to the Campus Director with dotted line reporting to the Dean of Nursing.
The Support Specialist works in a team environment to support the campus in operating efficiently and effectively while serving students. The Support Specialist serves as a resource for Central departments when support and information is requested. The Support Specialist will leverage his/her experience in an operations/administrative capacity to support the campus and nursing programs.
The Support Specialist will follow the policies and procedures adopted by the College in performing the duties of the position, including adhering to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) in handling student information.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of all electronic and paper student records generated or stored at the campus.To include, but not limited to:background check process, immunizations, and drug screening and other clinical preparation to ensure compliance with accreditation, state, federal and College standards.
- Build Residential Term schedules in CVue, edit student attendance
- Prepare letters as needed to include filing and documenting in student record
- Assist with coordinating pinning ceremony
- Assist with advisory committee meetings
- Assist with coordinating graduation ceremony and graduate wall as required
- Assist with accreditation visit preparation
- Manage check requests for existing NCLEX reimbursements and accounting management items
- Assist with processing any invoices and submitting to accounts payable
- Answer and refer incoming calls and concerns to the appropriate party
- Assist with proctoring/testing
- Assist with facilities related issues, and other concerns
- Manage the community calendar for the campus, make room reservations and maintains the Welcome Area
- Assist with opening and closing the campus
- Assist with the welcome area/front desk when necessary
- Support with pulling reports and gathering data for day to day operations
- Serve as liaison to the Office of Student Records and Operations for receiving,
- Maintain inventory and order campus supplies
- Reconcile and prepare incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- In support of the collaborative team environment, share responsibility of providing assistance with campus and community activities both on campus and off-site such as, covering campus welcome area, supporting student orientations, career fairs, graduation ceremonies, etc.
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with peers and managers to support the team effort for student and college success
- Keep abreast of and maintain strict adherence to all institutional, governmental and accreditation policies, regulations, codes of conduct at all times
- Possess a high level of integrity in all interactions with students and employees by showing a regard for both the stated expectation of the policy as well as its intent
- Actively contribute to the learning environment and collegial experience for students and employees; provide constructive and appropriate input and ideas to assist the college in decision-making and process improvement
- Makes the best use of time/resources and prioritizes activities; stays focused in spite of distractions
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a fast paced, service-focused setting. Experience in an institution of higher learning preferred.
- Candidates must possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage interruptions while delivering within tight deadlines.
- Must have a strong command of the English language, in both oral and written form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, proficiency in MS Excel; student information system experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team and with other departments both in person and virtually.
- Proven customer service in a professional environment.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, patient and solutions-oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
Rasmussen is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.