Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Student Employment Coordinator is responsible for greeting students, staff, faculty and guests, processing incoming confidential documents (i.e., requisitions, hire documents), answering incoming calls, and interpreting policies and procedures to students, staff and faculty. Responsible for verifying student information and entering and maintaining student employment records. Responds to inquiries related to time and labor policies and their application within Kronos. Distributes student paychecks according to the bi-weekly calendar.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two to four years of Human Resources experience; higher education experience preferred.
- Experience with Time and Labor policies and procedures.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HRIS and Kronos timekeeping, ATS and onboarding systems desirable.
- Experience with managing data records preferred.
- Experience working with confidential information preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Welcomes students, faculty, staff and other visitors to the Office of Student Employment.
- Performs data entry of student employee records, including such information as addresses, payroll documentation, and dates of hire and/or terminations.
- Verifies, processes, and maintains student employee requisitions and documentation, including I-9 information.
- Compiles information and prepares reports and documents related to student employment.
- Responds to paycheck inquiries and questions about time and labor policies and procedures.
- Works closely with HRIS services team and Payroll to resolve student pay questions.
- Assists student employees and their supervisors with the Kronos timekeeping system as needed.
- Processes confidential personnel information from other departments or student employees.
- Participates in hiring events as needed.
- Assists students in finding on-campus employment.
- Interprets student employment policies and procedures to students, staff and faculty.
- Answers questions related to student work eligibility and other pertinent information.
- Distributes student paychecks in accordance with bi-weekly calendar.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
- Familiarity with copy machines, fax machines, and other general office equipment and procedures.
- Computer literate, with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typing 45 wpm.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Word and Excel, and automated timekeeping systems (Kronos preferred). Experience with applicant tracking and onboarding systems.
- Familiar with concept of continuous improvement.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel. Proficient in HRIS systems, automated
- timekeeping and payroll systems. Knowledge of applicant tracking and onboarding systems.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.