The mission of the Purchasing Office is to provide the Tufts' community access to the highest value of goods and services in a manner consistent with the University's mission, ensuring stewardship, quality, best practices, compliance and education.
Reporting to the Director of Purchasing, the Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for implementing best-in-class strategic supplier relationships and agreements that leverage annual purchase volume and rationalizes the approved supplier base to an optimal level. Ensure that formal product and service agreements provide tangible benefits and value to the institution. Work directly with Director and Assistant Director regarding Ecommerce to ensure compatibility across all department initiatives and business objectives. Promote a positive work environment, spirit of cooperation and support for coworkers, and professionalism within the organization and when interacting with internal customers, external suppliers and business partners. Exercise resource stewardship to ensure compliance with all related financial policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience OR a High School diploma and at least 15 years of experience of: relevant management and procurement experience at a responsible level in a higher education, government or corporate environment is required. Extensive and demonstrated professional knowledge and proven experience in supply chain management practices.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of productivity applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and Visio.
- Advanced negotiations experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communications and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Extensive and demonstrated professional knowledge and proven experience in supply chain management practices.
- Professional knowledge and experience in principles, practices and trends of procurement policies, applicable laws and competitive solicitation practices.
- Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational skills and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have strong customer service skills as well as the ability to coordinate and work with others to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Must work collaboratively with individuals and groups from a wide variety of backgrounds and organization levels, to incorporate their ideas, adapt to their needs, and to form consensus in appropriate situations.
- Must possess behavioral competencies that include a high level of commitment to customer service, demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, ability to strategically link long-range business goals to daily activities, demonstrated ability to work with others to develop talent for the organization, and desire to use organizational knowledge to assist and influence others to specific action.
- An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft/Oracle desired
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.