Thank you for considering Middlesex Community College in your search.
About Middlesex Community College:
Middlesex Community College (MCC) employs over 800 people in full-time, part-time, faculty, professional administrative and support positions at campuses in both Lowell and Bedford. MCC is a dynamic institution, priding itself on the quality as well as the diversity of its programs. MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are also committed to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We are an affiliate of the National Coalition Building Institute. We have significantly increased the diversity of our faculty and staff over the last five years, and are one of Massachusetts colleges participating in the Commonwealth Compact whose mission is to establish Massachusetts as a uniquely inclusive, honest and supportive community of -- and for -- diverse people, to acknowledge our mixed history in this effort, and to face squarely the challenges that still need to be overcome, understanding that the rich promise of the region's growing diversity must be tapped fully if Boston and Massachusetts are to achieve their economic, civic and social potential.
Applications for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status. MCC strives for a faculty and staff that reflect its richly diverse community of students.
Staff Assistant – Associate Provost/Academic Affairs
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Provost
Under the supervision and leadership of the Associate Provost, the Staff Assistant is a knowledgeable and service-oriented individual who provides high-level administrative support by coordinating a variety of administrative activities within the academic area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Work as a staff assistant for the Associate Provost and the academic area.
Serve as first contact for students, faculty, staff and community members.
Respond to inquiries to provide information on diverse topics such as academic policy, course scheduling, curriculum changes, and college practices and provide resources and referrals as appropriate.
Support the development of an inclusive, welcoming and efficient environment in the Academic area for our diverse students, faculty, staff and community members.
Provide administrative support for the Associate Provost and her staff including:
- * Coordinate meeting room reservations and catering.
- * Order supplies.
- * Compile informational materials.
- * Attend meetings and record minutes
- * Prepare and send correspondence.
- * Answer phones.
- * Manage schedules using Outlook, Moodle and other electronic tools.
- * Maintain files on the college’s document system.
- * Plan and attend academic events including PTK inductions and Honors Night.
- * Produce reports using Banner, Middlenet, Degree works and other computerized systems.
- * Prepare advising materials and schedule student appointments for advising, fresh start, repeat requests, etc.
- * Assist students in preparing required documentation for course substitutions, late admits, and other processes.
- * Submit work orders for building maintenance.
Administer and monitor all the budgets associated with the Associate Provost, including: PTK, Curriculum Imitative, Distance Learning, Mini Grants, and Title III.
- * Create and maintain records to track encumbrances for all relevant budgets.
- * Process purchase orders, requisitions and Job assignment forms electronically in compliance with established standards utilizing the college’s Banner software system.
Develop, update and manage academic area websites including “Now Presenting Now In Print”, NISOD Innovation Abstracts and the Academic Catalog.
Other duties as assigned.
- * Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access) as well as knowledge of centralized computer systems for purchasing, accounting, budgeting and scheduling such as Blackboard, Banner, FRS, SIS and Outlook.
- * Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- * At least 5 years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in office work that includes at least 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant in a role that included customer/client support and relations.
- * Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings.
- * Demonstrated commitment to effective customer service and support including the ability to effectively interface with all constituents and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- * Demonstrated experience in working with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities.
- * Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively to set and achieve common goals and the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- * Bilingual/bicultural preferred.
SALARY: Grade 4 ($39,900 - $57,800). Starting salary within this range is dependent upon experience in a closely related position.
STARTING DATE: June 1, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 1, 2013
Middlesex Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, qualified disability or veteran status in accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1967, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
1. Cover Letter
Follow the steps below.
After completing all of the steps below, please go back into the newly created account and double check that your resume, cover letter, application & disclosure forms were uploaded as requested and appear in the format you desire.
If you have any questions follow the link to the Help Desk noted in the menu above to the left.