Posting Title : SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Tufts Technology Services
Requisition Number : 1853
City : Somerville
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02144
Job Description-Overview :
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization dedicated to the strategic planning, implementation, and support of technology products and services that anticipate and meet the academic, research, and business needs of the Tufts community. TTS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University. TTS works in partnership with schools, business units, and other academic support organizations to provide campus-wide IT services in the areas of academic and research technology, enterprise application systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, web services, classroom and computer lab technology support, and user support, training and outreach.
The Enterprise Systems Administration & Infrastructure group (ESAI) provides enterprise-wide Information Technology services including a virtualized environment with upwards of 500 servers, a high performing research computing cluster with 2000 nodes, web services, SIS, Finance, and other UNIX-based services to the Tufts community. Continue to develop new services and enhance existing services as requirements and capabilities mature.
The Senior Systems Administrator will provide systems support for key Linux based environments including the high-performance research cluster of 2000 nodes and a centralized virtual environment with a configured Cisco UCS / VMware base running approx. 500 servers and growing. This position will develop plans for the evolution of the centralized virtual infrastructure, maintain infrastructure for deployed Linux server base, ERP infrastructure, and look to evolving technologies to increase the services provided to improve the enterprise based services provided by the larger TTS team. The successful candidate will also manage technical projects from start to finish providing technical plans and working cross functionally to create scalable service solutions, identify creative solutions that fit into the larger enterprise IT framework, and provide baseline performance reporting to measure service levels and identify areas for improvement. There will also be the need to perform day to day tasks and duties that involve working on technical support tickets, generating/updating team documentation as required, and performing service checks for the deployed enterprise environment. The majority of work will be initiative or project based with the successful candidate being able to demonstrate a clear ability to work under self-direction to achieve initiative goals and produce results based on communicated deadlines.
Job Description - Requirements :
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- • 5+ years of progressive Systems Administration experience in a complex, heterogeneous environment
- • Extensive knowledge of Linux and UNIX systems administration and TCP/IP networking
- • Under minimal supervision, maintain integrity of OS environment with responsibility for installing, configuring, administrating, and maintaining operating systems and applications in support of integrated services
- • Demonstrated success in planning and supporting an enterprise virtual infrastructure with experience implementing server and service solutions and introducing new technology to improve service offerings
- • Experience managing virtualization with VMware
- • Demonstrated ability to code in a scripting language, as well as fluency in one or more programming languages like Perl in order to develop tools / programs to efficiently manage the operation and maintenance of the environment
- • Assess new technology directions and define/document planned approach for proof of concept exercises and plans for implementation within the infrastructure environment
- • Investigates and resolves problems involving complex systems and/or networks
- • Experience with centralized ticketing systems for troubleshooting and reporting
- • Excellent written and oral communications skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences, including technical staff, management and faculty.
- • Document plans for technical projects to outline steps for implementation and validation testing as it pertains to the technical activity required from the systems teams
- • Develops, documents, and promotes standard operating procedures
- • Multi-tasking concurrent project schedules and deadlines following standard project management principles
- • Determines appropriate work methods, plans, schedules, and prioritizes based on goals and objectives to be achieved
- • Skilled in teamwork, adaptability, and flexible with work hours
- • Ability to lift 30 pounds
- • An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
- • Experience in systems evolution and change in a service based environment.
- • Experience with large-scale enterprise storage systems (SAN or NAS) as it pertains to archiving and storage based service offerings
- • Working knowledge of Cisco UCS Network knowledge of Cisco, F5 Load Balancers, and Juniper firewalls
- • Experience with disk-to-disk technologies such as EMC’s Data Domain and de-duplication
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- • Occasionally it might be necessary to schedule, facilitate, or perform off hours work in order to achieve project goals or to observe change control processes for production environments. Ability to assume on-call responsibilities is required in support of the infrastructure which is a 24x7 environment.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.