Posting Title : RESEARCH COORDINATOR - Tufts School of Dental Medicine
Requisition Number : 1940
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
**This position is grant funded, limited appointment position with possibility of extension.**
The mission of the Division of Oral Medicine in the Dept. of Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine and Craniofacial Pain at Tufts School of Dental Medicine - TUSDM is to engage in basic and translational research to promote general health through improved oral health in high risk and medically compromised populations.
The Research Coordinator position requires a well organized individual to assist Oral Medicine researchers of TUSDM in conducting clinical trials by handling overall micro- and macro-coordination of research trials as needed. Monitoring and auditing study activities for quality assurance, regulatory compliance and adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines are also required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- * Providing support to clinical departmental research projects as needed by devising and managing subject databases;
- * Tracking finances as they relate to procurement and subject incentives;
- * Participating in update meetings with directors, faculty and research staff members;
- * Conducting the informed consent process from drafting documents to managing patient involvement;
- * Liaising with internal Tufts offices to gain human and animal subject approval; recruiting,
- * Screening and scheduling research subjects;
- * Working with outside media sources to advertise in accordance with federal guidelines and maintaining clean and sterile research facilities.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Dental Research Affairs and works closely with various researchers in the Dental School.
Job Description - Requirements :
- * Bachelor's Degree with 1-3 years of related experience
- * Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software: Excel/Powerpoint/Access
- * Ability to work with time-sensitive projects and write standard documents
- * Ability to lift up to 25lbs. with or without accommodation.
Previous research coordination experience preferred. Must be well organized with a keen attention to detail.Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to analyze data/write/present.Spreadsheet, statistical analysis and data entry experience required as well as good customer service and patient care skills.Science and biology knowledge preferred. Must be able to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously while adhering to strict regulations and deadlines. Familiarity with dental equipment and terminology preferred.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Flexible schedule to accommodate research and subject availability and deadlines as required.
**This is a grant funded, limited appointment position with possibility of extension.**
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs
JOB REQUISITION #: 1940
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.