Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The primary responsibility of this position is to enable accurate and timely enrollment, and to serve certain programs which require special handling.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years' experience, university preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Processes all students' enrollment requests and schedule changes for Graduate and Professional students.
- Manages all enrollment forms that requires special handling.
- Assists students in programs which require special handling, helps with a specialized enrollment process: online form submission and paper enrollment form handling.
- Troubleshoots problem enrollment situations. Provides quality client service to students with enrollment issues.
- Works with Data Systems Administrator to identify scheduling issues that are preventing successful enrollment.
- Works with Student Financial Services to clear holds that are preventing successful enrollment.
- Provides information and updates to the Academic Records Counselor Team in order to provide the student with seamless customer service.
- Cross-trains with other staff members as assigned by the Graduate and Professional Registrar.
- Assists with Commencement ceremonies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Office of the Graduate and Professional Registrar.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.