Chemeketa Community College welcomes applications for a full-time Recruitment and Benefits Technician
Provides technical assistance to the recruitment, benefits, and general human resource office functions.
• Maintains working knowledge of benefits information, guidelines and law.
• Assists employees to accurately complete benefit forms, processes employee benefits paperwork in Banner System; works closely with payroll team to monitor time-lines, ensures proper processing of benefit deductions and monitors/audits deductions in monthly payroll.
• Assists with tracking benefits eligibility, including ACA tracking and gathering reporting data.; monitors and processes tuition waiver eligibility.
• Works with Benefits manager to reconcile billing for employee benefits.
• Acts as a liaison with benefit carriers, outside agencies, and employees; notifies carriers of changes to employee coverage.
• Updates forms and benefit information on dashboard/public website; puts together benefit packets and mailings.
• Provides assistance with benefits orientation, participates in monthly NEO HR presentation.
• Maintains benefits files, ensures filing is accurate and complete. Researches benefit issues in physical files and banner system, makes appropriate adjustments.
• Assists with scheduling, setup, documents, correspondence, employee assistance, and benefit entry for annual Open Enrollment Processes; Assists in yearly processing of ACA documents and data.
• Provides training and support to the front desk processes and provides backup to assist customers as needed.
• Assists with the maintenance of internal and external websites ensuring that all materials are up-to-date and best serves college's needs.
• Provides backup to schedule applicant interviews, schedules physicals for contingent hires.
• Breaks down completed recruitment files, maintains appropriate documents, and keeps filing system organized and purged.
• Acts as backup for other aspects of recruitment, including part-time position postings and payroll authorizations.
• Assists applicants and provides training for the applicant tracking system and other technology systems, trains new users on NEOGOV system.
• Enters new employees in Skillsoft and completes data entry for new users.
• Communicates job-related technical information to departments and provides information to the recruitment and benefits teams on technical matters; Assures updated information is in compliance with college policy and state and federal guidelines.
• Researches and responds to information requests; assists customers in the application process as needed.
• Enters and reviews background checks for contingent employment offers, ensures timely correspondence of background check outcomes.
• Double checks accuracy of offer letters and board reports using provided hire information.
• Provides backup in absence of the front desk receptionist and may assist front desk in the processing of new hire paperwork; receives, verifies, and ensures completeness of documentation and forms (I9, W4, EEO, terms of employment, Payroll Authorizations) for new part-time hourly and part-time faculty employees coordinating the collection of data from multiple sources; Inputs the new part-time employee information into Banner; provides assistance to the Human Resources Specialist responsible for adjunct, hourly and student systems in Banner; assist with technical issues as needed in the course of daily duties.
• Embraces diversity and actively collaborates effectively with a variety of students, staff and the public from diverse cultural, social, economic and educational backgrounds.
• Actively participates in the retention and recruitment of students.
• Works effectively within a cohesive team environment to proactively share knowledge; maintains positive working relationships with staff and customers, and works collaboratively to support team members in delivering excellent customer service and meeting department objectives.
Closing Date: Friday, December 16, 2016
You would be challenged to find a college that matters more to its community than Chemeketa means to the residents of Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley. If you can affirm our vision to transform lives and communities through exceptional learning experiences, then Chemeketa will be a rewarding workplace to fulfill your potential and contribute your expertise.
The Community We Serve
Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, with approximately 50,000 students enrolled from a diversity of backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Polk center, Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid-Willamette Valley and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small portion of Linn county. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest single concentration of citizens. Full-time enrollment increased by 35% in the last five years.
Chemeketa providesopportunities for students to explore, learn, and succeedthrough quality educational experiences and workforce training.
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students, staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.
What We Have to Offer
The college also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage (subject to employee and college collective bargaining agreements). Other benefits also include generous vacation/holidays as well as: life, and disability insurance and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) or Oregon Public Services Retirement Plan (OPSRP).
$2,624.00 - $3,802.00 Monthly
Associate degree from an accredited institution
Three years or more of full-time equivalent, administrative support experience
High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
Fiveyears or more of full-time equivalent, administrative support experience
To be considered for this position, a complete online application is required. For complete information on this and other job opportunities, please visit our web site at http://hr.chemeketa.edu.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency