Contra Costa Community College District
Project Coordinator I, Library System Expert
Posting Number: 0000917
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $58.01 per hour
The Contra Costa Community College District (4CD), which is comprised of Contra Costa College (CCC) in San Pablo, Diablo Valley College (DVC) in Pleasant Hill, and Los Medanos College (LMC) in Pittsburg, is seeking an 18 month part-time (January 2017 - June 2018) Library System Expert. First consideration given to applications received by Thursday, November 10, 2016. The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the implementation of products related to the recent migration to Innovative Interface's Sierra Services Platform.Under the direction of the ILS steering committee, this position joins the 4CD library team to work with library faculty and staff at all three colleges to assist in the planning and execution of the necessary training and system management related to each product.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide support and leadership in implementing the district libraries’ Sierra ILS products, including the ILS interaction with third-party products (such as a discovery layer).
• Seek regular input from the CCC, DVC and LMC libraries to identify and understand each library’s needs and priorities.
• Respond to college requests for system troubleshooting, admin help, or training needs.
• Keep stakeholders informed and lead collaborative, consensus-driven decisions.
• Coordinate and lead ongoing database record cleanup and other system updates that contribute to improving overall functionality.
• Lead system testing and quality assurance for newly installed products.
• Train library staff to implement new procedures, policies, and operations of new system.
Minimum Requirements The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:• Master’s degree or equivalent foreign degree in Library and Information Science, or• Master’s degree or equivalent foreign degree in Library Science, or• At least three years of systems experience as a library professional.
• Experience with Innovative Interfaces, Inc. products and services.
• Experience with EBSCO Discovery Service or similar discovery services/systems.
• Project management experience.
• Experience with testing for quality assurance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with current library standards and practices in all aspects of an integrated library system.
• Analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail, excellent writing and organizational skills.
If you do not possess the required college degree, please upload an attachment explaining how you meet the equivalent background.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency