This is a limited appointment position ending August 31, 2014 with the possibility of extension. This position is grant funded and not eligible for severance pay.
CIRCLE (The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement) is a research center that studies young Americans’ civic participation. CIRCLE is the premier source of information—facts, trends, evaluations, and best practices—related to youth civic engagement. CIRCLE disseminates the results of research to policy makers, practitioners, journalists, and scholars in various disciplines. CIRCLE is part of The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service at Tufts University, which prepares students in all fields of study for lifetimes of active citizenship, promotes new knowledge in the field, and builds an enduring and broadly shared ethos of citizenship and public service across Tufts University. Tisch College offers opportunities to engage Tufts students in meaningful community building and public service experiences, explore personal commitments to civic participation, and take on active and effective roles in public life and to engage faculty in expanded active citizenship research and teaching. Tisch College also seeks to influence higher education in the US and abroad to embrace active citizenship.
The National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE) is an initiative of CIRCLE and Tisch College. NSLVE is a research initiative that will measure college student voting rates and will create a comprehensive national dataset of college and university student registration and voting rates. Knowing specific voting rates of their students, individual campuses can better understand and improve the effectiveness of their civic learning programs. The data can also serve as a basis for multi-institutional research on patterns in student electoral and political engagement.
Reporting directly to the Director of Initiatives for the Study of Higher Education and Public Life, the Program Administrator will perform an important role in the NSLVE initiative. Key responsibilities of this position include: managing communications and information about participating campuses, working with the Director to recruit colleges and universities to participate by responding to inquiries and reaching out to institutional decision makers; working with the Director to develop recruitment strategies; producing and disseminating individual campus reports; working with CIRCLE researchers to ensure accuracy in the national dataset for research purposes; maintaining a repository of program information to be used by the Director and other CIRCLE colleagues.
- * Bachelor’s degree.
- * 3 years of related experience.
- * Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Experience with social media.
- * An ability to manage, update, and oversee a large communication program for recruiting, communicating with, and sending reports to campuses.
- * Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups at all levels from colleges and universities taking part in the NSLVE initiative.
- * Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and competing deadlines.
- * Strong analytic and problem solving skills. Ability to maintain strict attention to details at all times.
- * Previous work experience in higher education.
- * Previous experience with marketing.
- * Prior experience querying data sets.
- * Knowledge of Salesforce, or an ability and willingness to learn the system.
- * An appreciation and ability to work with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, and community members. A commitment to understanding issues of diversity, inclusion, and models of community engagement.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.