JOB SUMMARY: To provide a quality education for Central Arizona College students. Perform instruction-related and other duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, vision, mission, policies, and procedures of the college.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Faculty member will:
- Teach mathematics courses beginning with Developmental Math through the Calculus sequence and Differential Equations (inclusive of Math for Elementary Teachers and Statistics) in accordance with the college workload policy and in a variety of potential modalities (e.g., face-to-face, online, hybrid, Interactive Television (iTv), Weekend College, accelerated, evening or late start classes) on any campus, site or center as dictated by the needs of students.
- Provide and present information, content, and context through lecture, laboratory, recitation, seminars and/or other learning venues utilizing a variety of teaching/learning styles as appropriate to the course content.
- Employ a variety of assessment tools; evaluates grades and comments on student work in order to facilitate and ensure student progress throughout the course. Communicate with students as appropriate. This may include email, online discussions, virtual chats within Blackboard, instant messaging (IM), telephone and/or face-to-face consultations to provide frequent feedback.
- Establish and maintain office hours per college policy. Maintain records of student progress and performance; completes and returns required reports to the appropriate office by established due date. Develop, prepare and evaluate instructional materials. Write and develop syllabi and course calendars.
- Review and update course outlines, text selection and syllabi in cooperation with other faculty and appropriate district academic chair or program director. Propose and develop new courses, curriculum, programs, instructional materials, and evaluation tools as necessary to meet the needs of the students and community.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of students through the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategies primarily in the instructional setting.
- Cultivate development of instructional programs and knowledge of trends, pedagogy, andragogy, and new technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Mathematics or a Master’s degree in a related field with 18 graduate credits in mathematics from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working with a diverse population of students at various levels: developmental through transfer level.
SALARY: Dependent upon educational level and qualifying experience. Teaching load is thirty–equated hours per academic year.
START DATE: August 2017
DEADLINE: All application materials must be received in Human Resources by 6:00 p.m., Thursday, January 19, 2017.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Central Arizona College application
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree and course work.
TO APPLY: Go to http://www.centralaz.edu/jobs
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered. All travel costs for interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
The Human Resources Department is located in main administration building, H Building, Room 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Central Arizona College prohibits discrimination in employment and educational programs based on race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.