Galveston College is urgently seeking a Cisco trained individual who will be responsible for instruction and development of Cisco Certified courses and other technology based training. Responsible for maintaining the Cisco Lab, student records and reporting, and networking with local IT partners.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree in Information Technology, or related field, comparable Cisco Certifications such as CCNA or Higher may substitute for the lack of a degree;
- Two years related work experience to include but not limited to networking, desktop support, and computer based training.
- Experience in a networked technology environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge with TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, and DHCP protocols;
- Demonstrated knowledge with network devices, firewalls and routers, etc.;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Demonstrated competencies with PCs and associated software;
- Must be customer service oriented;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective organizational and planning skills.
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology, Information Systems, or a related field;
- Accredited Cisco Instructor;
- CCNA, CCENT;
- Familiarity with routers and switches;
- Experience teaching new learners computer skills.