HEADQUARTERED: Harrisonville, Missouri (Cass County) and primarily serves Cass, Bates, Cedar, Henry, St Clair and Vernon Counties in the West Central Region and Barton and Cedar Counties in the Southwest Region with additional coverage as needed.
University of Missouri Extension regional specialists provide collaborative leadership and subject-matter expertise to develop, deliver and evaluate educational programs focused on improving lives, communities and economies. In general, regional specialists provide educational opportunities that enable businesses, farms, families and communities to strengthen the economy and enhance quality of life. In addition, regional specialists create partnerships with civic and business organizations, educational institutions, local leaders and key stakeholders to identify priorities, increase financial and in-kind resources, and strategically address needs with research-based education.
Primary purpose of this position is to transform Missouri business and industry through education, technical service and collaboration by working with small to medium size companies to improve bottom-line performance through assisting businesses that are seeking to pursue and successfully perform under contracting and subcontracting opportunities with the Department of Defense, other federal agencies, and/or state and local governments. Plan, implement and evaluate business programs and services utilizing research-based knowledge in business growth, strategic planning, technology development, government contracting, marketing, management, finance, capital formation, operations, human resources, business start-up and business growth/sustainability, as well as other timely business related topics to assist existing and new entrepreneurs.
Small and medium enterprises are an essential element of the Missouri economy generating new jobs, increasing sales, attracting investments and contributing to the tax base. The Business Development Program is an important component of the state’s economic development strategy and the University of Missouri’s economic development mission. For more information about extension’s business PTAC program visit http://www.missouribusiness.net/ and http://www.moptac.net.
This is a 12-month academic position. Appointment may be made as non-tenure track ranked (NTT), depending on University approval of the academic credentials and qualifications of the successful candidate.
- Work with constituents, colleagues, regional director, program director, and campus faculty to establish program goals. Develop and provide high quality educational programs. Participate in interdisciplinary teams, committees and task forces. Collect qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate impact of programs and services.
- Generate and manage revenue to sustain and grow essential programs. Develop and maintain essential partnerships. Market and promote educational offerings and the mission of MU Extension. May be assigned county program director responsibilities.
- Remain up-to-date on trends and research-based knowledge. Actively participate in professional development opportunities. Ensure core competencies are demonstrated. Regular travel in and out of state using own transportation is required. Work some evenings and weekends to meet the needs of learners and constituents.
A full position description may be viewed at: http://extension.missouri.edu/careers/positions_available.html.
UNIVERSITY INFORMATION: The University of Missouri, also known as Mizzou and MU, is the Flagship University of the four-campus University of Missouri system. It is the state’s land-grant university and one of the most comprehensive universities in the United States. The school’s broad undergraduate programs and its graduate, professional and research programs attract annual enrollment of more than 33,000 students. MU is centrally located in Columbia, Mo., which is consistently ranked as one of America’s most livable cities. MU Extension programs are located on all four campuses and in 114 Missouri counties.
COUNTY INFORMATION: Cass County is a mixture of both suburban (northern tier) and rural community living (southern tier), just minutes south of Kansa City. MU Extension Center is located in Harrisonville http://ci.harrisonville.mo.us/ with a population around 100,000 and a median family income of $61,025. You will enjoy small town friendliness combined with lower cost of living but convenient commute to metro energy and happenings: culture, sports, museums, restaurants, and shopping. The county is served by 10 school districts, which range from 1A to 6A, and over 25 junior colleges, colleges and universities within short commuting distance.
SALARY/BENEFITS: $36,500-46,500 and additional compensation for doctorate degree ($5,000) and/or achievement of NTT rank appointment of Associate Extension Professional ($3,000) or Extension Professional ($4,000)
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS: An earned master’s degree in business, engineering, business education, or related area with appropriate coursework exhibited is required. Related areas include government procurement, marketing, finance, accounting, management, human resources, operations management, e-commerce or entrepreneurship. Demonstrated ability in applying and transferring research-based knowledge in the above subject matter areas. Ideal candidate will also have successful experiences in with government procurement or equivalent.
Successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- Effective and innovative teaching strategies that engage others. Must be able to integrate new and emerging technology into teaching strategies.
- Effective listening, written and oral communication skills including public speaking and presentation abilities.
- Organizational skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and collaborative leadership experiences. Flexibility, resiliency, and the ability to operate with minimal guidance.
- Positive outlook, high personal standard of excellence, and passion for the vision, mission and values of MU Extension.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume or CV, list of 3-5 references, and copies of all academic transcripts on-line at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/index.php. For additional consideration the search committee is requesting candidates go to http://hire.li/114pNIK and provide a video resume. A CV must be submitted if interested in being considered for a non-tenure track (NTT) ranked appointment.
For questions regarding the on-line application process, call 573.882.7976. For questions regarding this position call 573.882.4721 or email [email protected].
EEO / ADA / AA Employer