CITY COLLEGES OF CHICAGO'S (CCC) DALEY COLLEGE IS LOOKING FOR A PART TIME LIBRARIAN
Daley College is currently seeking a qualified Part-Time Librarian with a passion for teaching and learning, along with a strong commitment to the missions and ideals of the community college. When you join CCC/Daley College as a Part Time Librarian, you will help students develop the research skills needed for academic success as a lifelong learner. The ideal Librarian candidate will have demonstrated success in providing a full range of services that include section management, customer service, reference assistance, and ability to educate students regarding the use of the college library.
Daley College & Arturo Velasquez Institute (AVI) Learning Resource Centers of operation for learning & reference services are Monday through Thursday, 9 AM to 9 PM; Friday 9 AM to 5 PM & Saturday 9 AM to 2 PM.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform specialized tasks involved in the acquisition, cataloging, referencing and circulation of library materials.
- Assist all library users with electronic and print materials
- Assist staff, students, and patrons in identifying and locating documents, materials and sources to successfully solve research problems.
- Adapt cataloging of new materials using the Library of Congress Catalog or similar systems.
- Research and solve complex bibliographic identification problems.
- Select, order, catalog and classify special collections of technical books, periodicals, slides, films strips, motion pictures, video tapes, journal reprints and other materials.
- Must have familiarity with Internet sources and the ability to search on-line databases.
- Master’s degree in Library Science is required.
- Must be flexible, innovative and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
To apply please click on the link below:
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!