|Job Title||Orientation Leader (OPS)|
|Job Description|| |
Orientation Leaders, as representatives of Florida Gulf Coast University, are primarily responsible for working with incoming students and their parents during their first comprehensive exposure to FGCU. Orientation Leaders provide a personal link between the new student and the University and must be caring and informed people, able to fill the role of FGCU representative, educator, referral source, advisor, mixer & mingler, role model, and friend.
|Required Qualifications|| |
Must be a student at Florida Gulf Coast University with a minimum 2.50 GPA and in good conduct standing with the University.
|Salary Range||$8.25 - $8.50 per hour|
|Essential Job Duties|| |
• Participates in all training activities.
• Works with small and large groups of students and parents during Eagle View Orientation programs.
• Assists students in becoming acquainted with the University and surrounding area, discusses FGCU life, understanding and teaching academic requirements, helps build class schedules, and helps students register for their first semester;
• Attends scheduled meetings throughout the year in order to facilitate program planning, evaluation, and training;
• Works with New Student Programs staff, FGCU staff, and students in the implementation of outreach programming;
• Participates in all peer, group, and self-evaluation activities; and
• Participates in the administrative tasks necessary for program operation (i.e., check-in, material distribution, clean-up, folder stuffing, and any other duties as assigned).
|Other Duties|| |
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|| |
As a temporary employee, you may not be eligible to participate in all employee benefit programs (e.g. paid leave, retirement, or tuition reimbursement).