Bay State College located in Boston’s Back Bay is a private college whose mission is to provide students with a quality education that prepares them for professional careers and increasing levels of higher education. Currently we are seeking applicants for the position of Online and Evening Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant will work in a supportive role with the management and staff of the Online and Evening divisions at Bay State College. This position will have responsibilities that directly impacts student retention and success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide office support for the Online and Evening divisions, including telephone inquiries, typing, correspondence, research and documentation, purchasing of supplies, photocopying, send faxes, handle mail duties, and other job related duties as assigned.
- Schedule the training of instructors in quality teaching and technological practices for delivering online, hybrid, and web-supported classes.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the schedules for delivering and creating online courses and programs.
- Using CampusVue, monitor daily attendance of Online and Boston Evening students; reach out to students at risk of violating the attendance policy.
- Coordinate Placement Tests for new students.
- Collaborate in developing strategies, action plans and support services for promoting student academic success including: academic advising, retention activities, program completion and, where required, job placement.
- Assist with scheduling classes for students.
- Monitor performance of current students.
- Assist with developing and distributing new faculty orientation packets, teaching contracts and course development contracts.
- Track and process invoices and work with vendors as needed.
- Track State Authorizations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other general office related duties as may be assigned.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s with 1-2 years of work experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- Hands-on knowledge of education technology products and services, especially Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to act effectively as a member of a larger team.
- Enjoyment of working with students from a variety of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Sincere interest in helping others achieve their life goals.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines with limited direction.
- Prior experience in higher education, training and development, or a related field preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong sense of customer service.
Work study student.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Normal office conditions
Some evening hours possible
Qualified and interested applicants can submit their resume, cover letter and three professional references
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.