Nursing Instructor (Nursing Assistant) - One or More Positions
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 01895
Posting Date: 12/12/2016
Closing Date: 1/5/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Contract Academic
Work Week: This is a ten-month (175-day) faculty position
Minimum Salary: $69,813.80 annually
Maximum Salary: $120,844.64 annually (maximum entry $85,525.04 per year)
Medical, dental and employee assistance plans are offered for the employee and dependents. The District also provides life insurance plans for the employee, as well as an 8.25% contribution to the State Teacher’s Retirement plan. Additional types of insurance may be purchased with pre-tax dollars through an IRS 125 flexible benefit program.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
This is a full time tenure track position at Bakersfield College. The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of Registered and/or Vocational Nursing courses, provide instruction as a member of the nursing team to students in classroom and clinical laboratory areas, establish effective working relationships with personnel from service agencies, serve as a liaison between community health care agencies and the college. The assignment will be based on the successful candidate's experience, background and institutional need.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day, evening classes or weekend classes, large classes, distance learning, and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participating in student recruitment and articulation of programs; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technologies; assessing student learning and program level outcomes; collegially participating in department, agency, and college meetings, student activities, and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
Must meet the following qualifications set by the Board of Registered Nursing and the Bureau of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians and the Board of Registered Nursing:
- A valid, active license as a California Registered Nurse;
- Have obtained from an accredited college a Master’s degree in nursing; OR
- Have obtained from an accredited college a Baccalaureate degree in nursing AND a Master’s degree, which shall include course work in nursing, education, or administration; OR
- Have obtained from an accredited college a Baccalaureate degree in nursing AND enrollment in an accredited college for a Master’s degree which shall include course work in nursing, education, or administration, with a scheduled completion date before or during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- At least two year’s continuous, full-time experience in direct patient care practice as a Registered Nurse within the last 5 years or equivalent experience, as determined by the Boards of Nursing. Note: As a condition of employment, if the applicant does not meet the patient care practice requirement, he/she must be willing to undertake a mutually agreed upon remediation plan.
- Shall have or be willing to complete (within 6 months of hire) a course in teaching offered by an accredited school;
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Card;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities;
- Successful completion of a drug/alcohol screening before a final job offer can be made;
- Successful approval by both the Board of Registered Nursing and Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning, and service to diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to participate in the development of curriculum, including curriculum delivers via new modalities;
- Ability to participate in recruiting and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain subject matter currency;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit the program;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college mission.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on January 5, 2017 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Statement of personal philosophy of teaching
- Copies of legible transcripts
- Copies of ARRT, CRT, Fluoroscopy Permit Licenses and American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Card
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
- Copy of sample syllabi
Recruitment Status (tentative):
- Application Screening: 3/7/16
- Interviews: TBD
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/8415. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency