Position Tracking Number: 0003
School/College: School of Nursing
Department: Entry Level Master’s, MSN, Doctoral
Location: Azusa/Monrovia, High Desert, Inland Empire, and San Diego
Description: The School of Nursing invites applications for Full-time faculty positions in various programs: MSN including Clinical Nurse Specialist (Adult and Parent Child), Nurse Practitioner (Family, Psychiatric, Family and Adult/Gero), MSN in Education, Health Administration, post-MSN certificates, DNP and PhD.
Successful candidates will offer the following:
- A commitment to excellence in teaching, clinical practice, and research
- Awareness of healthcare dynamics and changing nursing roles
- Active engagement in Curriculum and Program development
- Desire and ability to maintain an active research program
- Enthusiastic advising /mentoring of students in coursework, research, and professional practice
- Participate in program review and accreditation reporting
- Participate in faculty governance
- Maintain active role in NP or CNS clinical specialization as indicated
- Generate creative ways of teaching and supporting learners
- Skilled in utilizing a variety of teaching methods
- Model a passion for learning and excellence in classroom and clinical settings
- Assist students to achieve competence in practice
- Active program of scholarship/research
Specialization: Clinical specialization in advanced practice.
Responsibilities: This position will develop and teach graduate courses and contribute to the teaching and scholarship. Applicants should include evidence of high-quality teaching and also show potential for active research.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
- Earned doctorate from accredited university in Nursing or closely related discipline. May consider Masters with extensive advanced practice clinical experience
- Active California Registered Nurse license or eligible to acquire
Experience: Professional expertise and experience commensurate with specific position requirements.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
Hire Date: Open until filled
At Azusa Pacific University we value and uphold God-honoring diversity. Diversity was not our idea, but God's. Therefore, we aim for an environment that respects and honors each individual's uniqueness while celebrating our collective commonalities. It is in this spirit that we continue important discourse on diversity, engage a variety of perspectives, and embrace active listening in a spirit of humility. We continue our efforts to recruit, hire, and support a diverse community in an effort to create a milieu that reflects the mosaic of God's kingdom.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.