The New Media Specialist for the College of Advancing and Professional Studies (CAPS) will assist the Associate Director, Marketing for New Media Strategies in the day-to-day management of the College of Advancing and Professional Studies’ (CAPS) web, mobile and social media marketing platform initiatives, as well as the electronic customer relationship management systems, to create and foster strong continuing relationships with prospective and current students, as well as alumni, through effective and consistent communication. The New Media Specialist will also: write, edit and update content on the CAPS web site and mobile optimized site; assist with the preparation, production and maintenance of course and program offerings on the CAPS web site each semester; manage communications on the mobile optimized site; respond to and help to remediate any negative comments by bringing to the attention of the Associate Director; add or delete subscribers to the CAPS email subscriber list; produce and execute e-mail blasts to promote CAPS programs, courses, deadlines and event dates, with direction from and final review by the Associate Director; update course/faculty information database; perform key word searches and identify niche markets for the purpose of promoting CAPS programs, courses, and events; work with marketing staff to analyze effectiveness of media buys and perform search engine optimization to maximize the effectiveness of any marketing campaigns and to maximize return on investment; research photos and prepare for use on web site, mobile site and in print, in coordination with the Associate Director and university-wide Office of Marketing and Communications staff; actively explore emerging trends and tools in new electronic media and recommend and inform the Associate Director on such; prepare fillable .pdf forms used for registration and other purposes; and other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of both Windows and MacIntosh operating systems;
- Working knowledge of standard publishing applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator;
- Knowledge of and ability to work with mobile and social media platforms HTML/CSS/JS/SSI;
- Ability to utilize web development applications, content management systems and web analytic tools;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to deal with interruptions and work well under pressure;
- Ability to coordinate and work with others to accomplish assigned tasks;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
UMass Boston is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
- Professional. Union. Benefited.
- Full time. Grade 29.
- Normal Hiring Range: $38,785-$42,179.
- Trust funded.
- Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Closing date for applications: September 24, 2013