Mathematics Instructor- Delano (One or More Positions)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 01889
Posting Date: 12/12/2016
Closing Date: 1/5/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Contract Academic
Work Week: This is a ten-month (175-day) faculty position
Minimum Salary: $69,813.80 annually
Maximum Salary: $120,844.64 annually (maximum entry $85,525.04 per year)
Medical, dental and employee assistance plans are offered for the employee and dependents. The District also provides life insurance plans for the employee, as well as an 8.25% contribution to the State Teacher’s Retirement plan. Additional types of insurance may be purchased with pre-tax dollars through an IRS 125 flexible benefit program.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
The successful applicant for Mathematics will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of mathematics courses including, but not limited to, developmental mathematics, elementary statistics, lower division transfer classes through differential equations and linear algebra. The assignment will be made on the successful applicant's experience, background, and institutional need.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning, or using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include participating in student recruitment and articulation of programs; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; assessing student learning and program level outcomes; collegial participation in department, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
Master’s in mathematics or applied mathematics;
OR - Bachelor’s in mathematics or applied mathematics AND Master’s in statistics, physics, or mathematics education;
OR - Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time teaching of Mathematics at the California Community College level;
OR - The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
AND - A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with college committees and other organizations and to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Ability to provide leadership within the discipline and college initiatives to improve student learning.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via different modalities;
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit the program;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college mission.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by January 5, 2017, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Statement of personal philosophy of teaching
- Copies of legible transcripts
- Copy of sample syllabi
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status Tentative Dates:
- Tentative Application Screening Date: TBD
- Tentative Interview Date(s): TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/8409. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency