Contra Costa Community College District
Mathematics Adjunct Instructor (Brentwood Center)
Posting Number: F00240
Location: Brentwood Campus
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36 hour
Description of Position
Adjunct instructor to teach Mathematics courses at the Brentwood Center.
Contact Matt Stricker at 925-473-6912 if you have questions.
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: L1090-Office of Instruction
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in mathematics or applied mathematics OR bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND master’s degree in statistics, physics, or mathematics education, or the equivalent.
Please note: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications EXACTLY or if you’re unsure whether or not your degree meets the minimum qualifications, you MUST complete the equivalency form contained in the attachment section of the application packet.
College teaching experience, including ability to teach both developmental and calculus level classes to a diverse student population.
Job Open Date: 08/25/2016
Job Close Date: 1/9/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Spring 2017 Semester
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency