Major Gifts Officer, College of Engineering
Posting Number: 20161122S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 604 - University Advancement
Villanova University is organized in a semi-decentralized model; with College-based development officers supported by central services. The Major Gifts Officer assigned to the College of Engineering will represent Villanova University and the College of Engineering. Primary duties include securing funds for the University by establishing and managing effective relationships with varied donor prospects and existing major donors; and assisting in building a successful fundraising program for the College of Engineering. The Major Gifts Officer under the supervision of the Director of Major Giving, College of Engineering and in conjunction with the Assistant Vice President, Major Gifts will plan and implement major gift strategies in support of the priorities of the College using operating/work plans and stewardship plans; identify and qualify potential major donors; design and implement successful cultivation and solicitation strategies. The MGO will solicit prospects and identify and motivate those alumni, faculty, volunteers and friends who can advance the development function at the College of Engineering. The MGO is expected to conduct 14 prospect visits per month and manage a portfolio of 125 prospects per year. The MGO will assume stewardship responsibilities for assigned prospects in conjunction with the Director of Stewardship. College-based officers are working with individuals with gift capacity of $100,000 or greater.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and manage a portfolio of 125 major gift prospects which includes primarily individuals and some corporations and foundations with specific affiliation and/or giving interest to the College of Engineering.
- Secure funds for the University by establishing and managing effective relationships with varied donor prospects and existing major donors; and assisting in building a successful fundraising program for the College of Engineering. Will plan and implement major gifts strategies using work plans and stewardship plans; identify and evaluate potential donors; design and implement prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Conduct 14 prospect visits per month and assume stewardship responsibilities for assigned prospects.
- Will establish collaborative and productive relationships with the administration and faculty of the College of Engineering and become knowledgeable regarding the College’s priorities, programs, events, etc. in order to advance the interests of the College of Engineering and more fully engage alumni, parents and friends.
- In conjunction with the Director of Major Giving, College of Engineering assist in coordinating development activities including but not limited to the Annual Fund and Planned Giving.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven successful experience in individual fund raising or related sales/business development experience required. Experience in dealing with major gift prospects required. Commitment to higher education and a strong desire to associate with Villanova University and champion its mission required. Understanding of the University culture and the process for decision making and program development required.
- Two to four years’ experience in fundraising or sales/business development.
- Ability and willingness to travel required. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Comfort level working in a team oriented environment required, but also must be disciplined and result-oriented.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, including use of lap top computers, required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends required.
Special Message to Applicants
Applications must include contact information for 3 references.
Posting Date: 08/19/2016
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled: No
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: J
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/9603
Villanova is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency