Contra Costa Community College District
Library Technology Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00168
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36/hr.
Description of Position
Diablo Valley College Library Department is seeking instructors to teach one or more courses in our library technology program on a part-time, hourly basis. The course subjects include: technical and access services, acquisitions, reference, school libraries and media centers, storytelling (using print and electronic materials), introduction to library technology, and cataloging.
Andy Kivel, 925-969-2586.or [email protected]
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university): 1. Any bachelor’s degree and two years of related professional experience; OR 2. Any associate’s degree and six years of related professional experience; OR 3. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in library technology; OR 4. The equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency form.)
1. Teaching experience or other comparable work with adults. 2. Recent experience in a library setting. 3. Coursework, including continuing education, in library science or library technology. 4. Experience with current library technology. 5. Proven ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues. 6. Experience working with or teaching people from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds who may have wide ranges of abilities and preparation, including the disabled.
Job Open Date: 12/15/2015
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: TBD
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency