LEARNING RESOURCE SPECIALIST
Salary: $33,280 (9 months)
This position works 40 hours per week for 9 months out of the year and is a benefits eligible position.
The Learning Resource Specialist primary responsibilities are to assist the Nursing Faculty when undergraduate students are in clinical learning experiences in community facilities and in the Nursing Department's Skills Lab and Simulation Center in the preparation, delivery and evaluation of student lab and simulation scenarios including documentation to promote the effective use of simulation activities according to CCNE and ACEN accreditation standards and Texas Board of Nursing requirements.
1. Assist in providing skill instruction, supervision and documentation of students during clinical learning experiences in community facilities.
2. Assist in the supervision, documentation of of student performance of skills in the skills lab and high and low fidelity simulation activities in the Nursing Skills lab and Simulation Center.
3. Assist in maintenance of skills lab and simulation center equipment.
4. Serve as a resource and support for students and faculty during their activities in the nursing skills lab and simulation center.
5. Perform other job related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
An ability to organize and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner
An ability to perform work requiring accuracy and attention to detail
Knowledge of computer software applications relevant to simulator functions and experience with clinical skills and procedures.
Strong oral/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Active/current in clinical practice; applicable to clinical education.
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, MSN preferred
Must be licensed in the State of Texas.
A minimum of three years full-time clinical experience as an RN
Preferred Qualifications: MSN and Five years full-time clinical experience as an RN