Full-Time Tenure Track
JOB OPENING ID# 4703/4094
CLOSING DATE: April 08, 2013
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Instruct Kinesiology classes in Fitness, Individual, and Team Sports. May include lecture class assignment in Fitness Assessment.
• Assignment may include day, evening and weekend hours.
• Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program and in-service programs.
• Minimum of two (2) years (full- or part-time) recent and successful experience teaching Kinesiology and/or Physical Education at the high school or postsecondary level
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a Master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above. (Candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials.)
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of having:
• Previous experience as Kinesiology and/or Physical Education Instructor at high school, postsecondary, or professional level
• Demonstrated ability to teach a variety of Kinesiology or Physical Education classes, with an emphasis in the fitness areas of yoga and Pilates
• Experience in teaching individual sport classes, such as indoor spinning, surfing and cardio kickboxing
• Experience in curriculum development for Kinesiology
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER