Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization dedicated to the strategic planning, implementation, and support of technology systems and services that anticipate and meet the academic, research, and business needs of the Tufts community. TTS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University. TTS works in partnership with schools, business units, and other academic support organizations to provide campus-wide services in the areas of academic and research technology, enterprise application systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, and user support, training and outreach.
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Information Security Operations Analyst works closely with the TTS security team, partners with clients to prevent, detect, respond and recover from security incidents and drives good stewardship over institutional information resources. Primary responsibilities include centrally developing and maintaining a distributed suite of operational support services including infrastructure and application security vulnerability assessment and reporting, security event collection, monitoring and correlation, intrusion prevention and providing architectural and other security oriented consulting services to the community. Additional responsibilities include developing and maintaining cost-effective software automation tools and business processes to manage operational workflow, prototyping new IT security products and services, transferring operations to other groups within TTS. The position also provides direct incident response and digital forensic services as may be required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five (3-5) years in a technical role with security monitoring, analysis, software development or support experience within a team environment
- Highly advanced PC / Mac / Unix and related application experience, including the ability to effectively use Office, Visio and Project, and demonstrable experience with scripting tools to automate procedures or software development.
- Excellent written and verbal command of the English language, strong interpersonal communications, motivational and teambuilding skills, the ability to relay technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a business context, the ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments, and the ability to effectively respond to urgent service requests.
- An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
- Previous security consulting
- Experience with HP Arcsight
- Experience with intrusion prevention, distributed differential vulnerability assessment and ongoing report generation
Certifications (CISSP, GIAC, etc.)
- Familiarity with non-profit or academic environments, including related compliance issues and enterprise applications (Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.)
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Occasional work on weekends and after hours is required as needed.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.