South Orange County Community College District
Human Resources Assistant
Closing Date: 01/20/2017
Under supervision from the Director of Human Resources, performs specialized and routine clerical duties in support of human resource operations; provides clerical support related to staffing, recruitment, position classification, employee benefits and compensation; and assists applicants, community members, College and District staff in assigned area of responsibility.
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Principles and procedures of record keeping and filing.
• Principles and practices used to establish and maintain files and information retrieval systems.
• Methods and techniques of proper phone etiquette.
• English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, diplomacy, patience and courtesy.
• Learn and apply laws, regulations, policies, and procedures governing District staffing and human resources administration.
• Provide specialized clerical support for a variety of human resource functions.
• Perform a wide variety of clerical duties involving interpretation, application or modification of existing procedures.
• Provide proactive, customer-oriented human resources operation services to employees.
• Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Adapt to changing schedules and demands.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
• Two years of general office experience.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER