Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Housekeeper B position.
The Housekeeper B keeps premises of College buildings and grounds in clean and orderly condition by performing duties such as sweeping and waxing floors, dusting furniture, removing trash, replenishing bathroom supplies, etc.
The position is located at the College's Main Campus. Scheduled hours are Monday - Friday 2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. with an unpaid 1 hour lunch break. Overtime may be required depending on the needs of the College.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• At least three (3) months related experience/ training required.
• Ability to operate appropriate maintenance tools and machines such as, but not limited to, buffers, scrubbers, vacuums, shampooers, carpet extractors, roto washer, gas powered hot water high pressure steam cleaners and trash compactors required.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and move (push) up to 100 pounds occasionally required.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions required.
• Ability to follow verbal or written directions required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• One year of related experience in a college environment preferred.
• Valid current driver's license preferred.