Histotechnology Education Coordinator
SUNY Cobleskill is seeking talented and innovative individuals to join the college community as we build a new vision for our second century as a college of agriculture and technology. Offering associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs, SUNY Cobleskill values innovative teaching and faculty committed to engaging pedagogies, collaborative and interdisciplinary endeavors, global perspectives, applied learning including internships and undergraduate research, and high levels of interaction with students.
Half-time, 11-month position to serve as the Education Coordinator for the Histotechnician A.A.S. program; begins August 2013.
This new position will work with the Histotechnician Program Director to maintain and enhance the academic and technical training of histotechnology students. Duties may include, but not be limited to, recruitment of students and new affiliate sites for internships; clinical coordination and site visits; classroom and laboratory teaching; collating and assessing data; and evaluating program effectiveness.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in Histotechnology required; master’s degree preferred. The successful candidate will be a histotechnology professional who is certified by a national certifying agency. Excellent public relations, organization, decision making and creative skills are required. The candidate will have knowledge of educational methods and current accreditation and certification procedures.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. Minimum salary level for this position is $50,000.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found; priority is given to applications submitted by April 1, 2013.
Completed application consists of the following:
- Letter of application, addressing qualifications for this position and alignment with college values
- Copies of official transcripts (originals required if hired)
- Current CV, with names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references
APPLICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED THROUGH: