About Lesley University:
Lesley University prepares women and men for lives and careers that make a difference. We offer our staff the same opportunity.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
For more information about Lesley University, please visit our website at http://www.lesley.edu.
Reporting to the Director of Lesley University and Episcopal Divinity School Libraries, this position serves as the art librarian for Lesley University and the Art Institute of Boston (AIB) at Lesley University, providing leadership and coordination for art collections and services. The Assistant Library Director’s primary responsibilities include collaborating with art faculty to build print and online collections that serve the curriculum, and works with University librarians and library staff to develop information and visual literacy competencies instruction. This individual’s essential functions will include, but are not limited to, administration of the AIB Library, collection management, reference, instruction, supervision of staff, and collaboration in the AIB Library’s move from Boston to Cambridge.
- Works with the senior management team to ensure that the policies and procedures of the AIB Library are consistent with the overall mission of the University Libraries
- Collaborates with the Visual Resources Curator to develop and expand the digital image collection to meet the curriculum needs of the University community
- Acts as liaison to AIB faculty by participating in curriculum committee, Dean’s Council and Department Chair meeting and other college committees as appropriate
- Establishes goals, monitors progress, evaluates employee performance and supports staff development
- Collaborates with Sherrill Library reference team and AIB faculty to implement an effective information and visual literacy program
- Promotes and publicizes library collections and services to the faculty and students of Lesley University
- Performs other duties as assigned or developed
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program of library and information science.
- A degree in art history, fine arts, design, art education and/or advanced arts-related degree.
- A minimum of three years of increasing responsibilities in management of an academic or arts-related institution.
- Work experience beyond the MLS, in such areas as reference, instruction and collection development.
- Experience managing digital collections and the ability to lead in their future development are required.
- Must be able to work in a multi-staff environment with the demonstrated ability to provide leadership, work collegially, and participate in collaborative problem-solving.
- Ability to articulate and implement an innovative, flexible vision for library services.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.