Graduate Admissions Advisor
Santa Clara University
Part Year: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 40
The Graduate Admissions and Student Services Coordinator will report directly to the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and Recruiting. The Coordinator has the overall responsibility of managing the day-to-day application processing and communications to support applicants and recently admitted students for the School of Education and Counseling Psychology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Student advising and admission and financial aid support (50%)
1. Serve as the primary contact for all applied students. Responsible for creating a positive new student experience by building a relationship with the student and assisting them through all stages of the application process culminating in enrollment.
2. Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
3. Be knowledgeable of and answer questions regarding ECP programs, degree requirements, application process, scholarships and financial aid with specific attention to the unique needs of each student.
4. Serve as the expert on financial aid and billing issues - work closely with the financial aid team to ensure timely communication on important financial deadlines.
5. Manage the integrity of student application files - collect all necessary documents in preparation for committee review, update status changes in PeopleSoft and make initial recommendation for admission decision.
B. Admissions operations support (30%)
1. Assist in scholarship awarding process by promoting scholarships to prospective as well as enrolled students and making initial recommendations to the Assistant Dean of Enrollment for review.
2. Maintain detailed records to track scholarship awards and communicate with the financial aid department to ensure timely posting of these awards.
3. Maintain communication with Student Services and IT counterparts to ensure applicant files are transferred and admitted students are matriculated in a timely manner.
4. Identify and share opportunities to improve university processes and the student experience.
5. Operate in a positive manner as part of a team and show a willingness to grow and learn by being open to change, innovative ideas, and constructive feedback
C. Participate in outreach and recruitment efforts (20%)
1. Assist the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid in planning and execution of all recruitment events including information sessions, workshops, accepted student celebration and orientation.
2. Provide support in field representation by attending fairs, training seminars and presentations for recruitment when necessary.Other duties as assigned.GENERAL GUIDELINES1. Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives.
2. Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
3. Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
4. Prepares and submits reports as requested and required.
Provides Work Direction:
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
• Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
• May be required to travel to other buildings on the campus and between two campus locations (Santa Clara, East San Jose).
• May be required to attend conference and training sessions within Bay Area or in- or out-of-state locations.
• Typical office environment.
• Mostly indoor office environment with windows.
• Offices with equipment noise.
• Offices with frequent interruptions.
• Demonstrated commitment to multiculturalism and social justice.
• Demonstrated familiarity with computer platforms, software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, PeopleSoft, CRM systems), and the internet.
• Appreciation for and understanding of the principles of Jesuit education.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication (email, phone and in-person) demonstrating strong command of the English language.
• Strong public speaking ability.
• Recruitment, marketing and event planning and management experience, a plus
• Ability to counsel applicants with discretion and maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Must be able to handle difficult situations with a professional demeanor and communicate effectively to multiple audiences and diverse groups.
• Able to meet deadlines, work autonomously and handle competing demands
• Ability to think strategically while balancing attention to detail, anticipation of needs, and excellent organizational skills.
• Some evening and weekend work will be required.
• Some travel will be necessary, including off-site recruitment events.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license.
• Must have reliable transportation.
Education and/or Experience:
• Education and/or experience equivalent to Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of professional experience in admissions in a higher education environment, preferably with graduate or adult programs preferred.
Salary Information: Hiring Range: $23.20 - $26.78 hourly
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://jobs.scu.edu
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California’s Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master’s, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all master’s universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California’s oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency