Full-time MBA Recruiter -Admission Counselor / Assistant Director of Recruitment
Posting Number: S0328
Classification: Anticipated Length of Appointment:
Special area(s) of assignment (teaching/research/administration):
Willamette University is accepting applications for an Full-time MBA Recruiter -Admission Counselor / Assistant Director of Recruitment for the Atkinson School of Management.
The Atkinson Graduate School of Management Full-time MBA Recruiter -Admission Counselor / Assistant Director of Recruitment works with the Director of Recruitment and Director of Admission to recruit and enroll students in the Atkinson Graduate School of Management Full-time MBA. The Assistant Director of Recruitment assists with identifying, contacting and maintaining relationships with prospective students; working with applicants through the application process; responding to requests for information; and supporting the Full-time MBA admission staff. The Assistant Director of Recruitment works in tandem with the MBA for Professional and Full-time MBA Admission Teams.
The work involves routine and non-routine situations involving communication with students, prospective students, faculty, staff, alumni and other external audiences. The work also involves project management, event planning, development of communications materials, and the collection, maintenance and retrieval of information. Incumbent operates alone on routine work and applies judgment and training for non-routine work, checking with the Admission/Recruitment Team Members or the supervisor when in doubt. Performs informational record keeping and clerical services that facilitates the work of others in admission, career management and alumni relations offices. Provides input to the strategic planning process of recruitment, student services and alumni activities and performs duties that facilitate the work of the recruitment/admission/student service/alumni programs Responsible for efficient use of time and equipment as well as good student, staff, alumni and public relations. Requires strong interpersonal skills, verbal communication skills, professional deportment, and a team orientation.
To learn more about the Atkinson Graduate School of Management, visit https://willamette.edu/agsm/
This is a full-time, year round position. This position is eligible for the University's generous benefits package that includes: medical/dental insurance, sick and vacation accruals, contribution of 10% of gross base pay from the University in exchange for a mandatory contribution of 1% by the employee, tuition remission, and holidays.
Willamette University, founded in 1842, is the oldest institution of higher education in the Far West. Situated in Oregon's capital city, Willamette includes the College of Liberal Arts (approximately 2,000 students), and graduate programs in Law and Management. The university is committed to living out its motto “Not unto ourselves alone are we born” by incorporating the principles of sustainability, social justice, and action. Salem is located in the center of the picturesque Willamette Valley, approximately an hour's drive from the Pacific Coast, the Cascade Mountains, and the cities of Portland and Eugene. For more information about Willamette, visit our website at http://www.willamette.edu/
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Willamette is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Works with the Admission and Recruitment Team to set a strategy for recruiting certain territories or target groups. Responsible for carrying out and evaluating the strategy for each assigned group. Contributes to marketing, recruitment, admission and budget decisions influencing enrollment. Assists in implementing all programs as assigned.
2. Recruits students through on-campus and off-campus recruitment activities including personal school visits, career fairs, forums, chats, telephone calls, campus visits, receptions, emails, letters, etc.
3. Responds to information requests and provides general admission and program information.
4. Works with applicants through the application process, communicating about progress, and updating applicant about materials received.
5. Maintains relationship with assigned prospects and contributes to yield activities for individuals with which they are working.
6. Arranges campus visits for prospective students/applicants and communicates with visitors prior to arrival.
7. Assists with activities to increase database of prospective students - including searches, purchased lists, campus contacts, lists of influencers, etc. Purchases and downloads lists, uploads to CRM system, ensure proper communication is assigned to targeted lists, including email and direct mail.
8. Manages and tracks all registrations for Full-time MBA recruiting activities. Reviews recruitment and admission-related invoices for accuracy and approves for payment.
9. Assists in planning and preparing for recruitment/admission events including webinars, BA/MBA events, JD/MBA events, GMAT/GRE sessions, Preview events, Summer Gathering and others.
10. Works with the Marketing Director, Director of Recruitment and Director of Admission to monitor, update and add content to the Full-time MBA web site and websites where Atkinson is represented (Facebook, college Career Services sites, etc.); edit and update hard copy handouts, brochures, letters, etc.; and track inventory of collateral used for recruitment and admission.
11. Makes travel arrangements and appointments/programming appropriate to recruitment events as assigned.
12. Works with the Director of Marketing and Admission/Recruitment Team on determining key messages for specific events/markets and collateral material that represent these messages.
13. Facilitates all Full-Time MBA SMS campaigns to prospective students, managing message dissemination and reply tracking and responding.
14. Communicates with the Admission Offices in the College of Liberal Arts and the College of Law to coordinate collaborative domestic and international recruiting opportunities.
15. Advises the Professional Management Association to coordinate undergraduate events focused on topics of management.
16. Serves as a CRM administrator, developing and improving processes within the CRM system. Develops and administers training sessions for other users of the system.
17. Communicates regularly with the Director of Recruitment and the Director of Admission to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of services for recruitment and admission programs.
18. Assists and supports the recruitment activities of the MBA for Professionals and Executive Development Center as assigned.
19. Safeguards the confidentiality of information by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students staff, alumni, donors and external audiences related to admission/recruitment/student/alumni records and files, personnel situations, performance evaluations, grade reports, merit, promotion and tenure decisions, and all other confidential materials.
20. Serves on various University committees and task forces representing the Atkinson Graduate School of Management.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Information/About the Department:
1. BA, BS, or BBA required. Degree in marketing, human resources, communication, or related fields preferred. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Two or more years of knowledge of, and/or experience with, personal selling, integrated marketing communication strategy, enrollment management, college admissions, and management education working in an admission operations, marketing, public relations or other related fields. Note: Three or more years’ of experience working in an admission operations, marketing, public relations or other related fields is required for consideration for an Assistant Director Appointment.
3. Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows, Microsoft Publisher and experience with data entry for computerized information systems. Experience editing and maintaining web pages. Willingness and ability to learn new technologies associated with the job.
4. Ability to accurately input, maintain, collect and monitor database information and hard copy files.
5. Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interpret and explain policies, procedures, and programs to a broad constituency.
6. Strong organizational, time management, event planning, and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks in an effective manner consistent with all Atkinson School and University policies and procedures.
7. Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality make independent, sound decisions and utilize good judgment.
8. Ability to work weekends, evenings and travel overnight for extended periods of time. May include regional, national or international destinations where travel by air, car or other modes of transportation may be necessary.
9. Ability to work independently and work collaboratively as a member of a team, as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with staff, faculty, students, prospective students, alumni and others in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel and philosophy.
10. Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
11. Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
1. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
You will be asked to submit the following documents as part of your online application materials:
• Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis.
• Current Resume
• As part of the application you will be asked for three professional references, please include contact information including emails.
Application Deadline: Open until finalists are selected.
Open Date: 08/25/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Apply online at https://jobs.willamette.edu/postings/2265
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.