|Position Title:||Forestry Lab Assistant (Part Time, Temporary Hourly, Non-Benefited)|
|Open Until Filled (notes):|
|Length of Position:||Temporary, as Needed Basis|
|Anticipated Start Date:|
|Position Type:||Temporary PT Hourly|
|FTE:||< .50 FTE|
|Salary Level:||Irregular Wage Salary Schedule|
|Starting Minimum Pay:||$10.25/hr, non-benefited position, no guarantee of hours|
|Starting Maximum Pay:||$10.25/hr, non-benefited position, no guarantee of hours|
|Hours per Week:||Hours of the Week may Vary|
|Work Schedule:||Work Schedule may Vary|
|Days of the Week:||Days of the Week may Vary|
|Job Summary/Purpose:|| |
The Forest Resources Program seeks a qualified individual to serve as a Lab Assistant. Lab assistants will assist the primary course instructor in the education of students in the lab experience.
|Essential Functions:|| |
1. Assist during Forest Resources program course labs under the direction of the primary instructor, answering student questions regarding lab exercises, providing instruction in lab procedures, monitoring of safety during labs requiring use of hand tools or power equipment, administering of lab quizzes, grading of lab quizzes or assignments. Assist in development of lab and lecture exercises and curriculum under direction of primary instructor.
2. Conduct layout of field lab exercises, checkout and in of equipment as needed. Perform minor maintenance/cleaning of lab equipment in the tool room or field.
3. Conduct data entry and analysis of lab data
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|| |
1. Thorough knowledge in the field of Forest Resource Technology at the technician level.
|Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:|| |
Able to complete the essential job functions listed above with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work is typically performed standing. Must be able to safely lift 50 pounds.
|Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement|
|Minimum Qualifications:|| |
1. Education: High School diploma or GED
2. Experience: One year of coursework in a Forest Resources Technology or related field.
|Special Qualifications:|| |
1. Education: AAS degree in Forest Resources Technology or related field.
2. Experience: Teaching experience in a Community College setting preferred.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|| |
THIS RECRUITMENT IS HIRING FOR AN ON-CALL TEMPORARY HOURLY NON-BENEFITED POSITION, TO ASSIST WITH SCHEDULING VACANCIES AND REPLACEMENT NEEDS.
NOTE: You may be required to upload required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources at 541-383-7216.
|Is a Criminal History Check required?||Yes|
|Is a Credit History Check Required?||No|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|