Finance and Operations Analyst
The Finance and Operations Analyst will contribute to the effective administration of the Ignatian Center for Jesuit Education. As a member of the operations team that provides general operational support of ICJE, the Finance and Operations Analyst will collaborate with other members of the staff to assist in the effective execution of its programs. The position ensures the implementation of sound financial practices and will also provide the primary administrative support to the Executive Director. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Communication and Operations.DepartmentIgnatian CenterEssential Duties and Responsibilities1. Collaborates with other members of the operations team to provide general programmatic support for all ICJE programs
• Contributes proportionately to the support of signature programs (Bannan Institute, Community-based Learning, Immersions, Spiritual Exercises).
• Provides for day-to-day management and maintenance of material needs of programs.
• In consultation with Director of Communications and Operations, provides appropriate support of secondary programs (e.g., IFF, Fellowships, etc.)
• Provides for all necessary set-up needs, including facilities and other logistics.
2. Manages financial support for ICJE.
• In consultation with ED and DCO, manages planning process for ICJE annual budget.
• Generates appropriate short and long-term financial reporting.
• Provides for regular financial analysis of ICJE programs and activities.
• Serves as primary liaison with University Finance Office.
• Manages financial details regarding ICJE grants.
• In collaboration with Logistics and Operations Specialist, assures the timely reconciliation, processing of requests, quick vouchers, budget/expense transfers, purchase orders, invoices, petty cash, gifts, fees, cash advances, and business travel expenses, deposits/payments, and other financial activities of ICJE.
• In collaboration with Logistics and Operations Specialist, manages setup, input of ICJE budget into PeopleSoft Financials.
3. Provides administrative support to the Executive Director
• Manages ED’s calendar and sets appointments as appropriate.
• Completes other duties as assigned
4. Collaborates on Event Planning
• In consultation with Operations Team, plans and executes all ICJE events.
• Coordinates event logistics and manages event budgets.
• Coordinates event advertising and correspondence.
• In consultation with Operations Team, tracks and reports appropriate data relative to all ICJE events and participants.
• In collaboration with other members of Operations Team, coordinates travel and hospitality for Center visitors.
5. Manages Stakeholder Relations
• Provides professional and welcoming atmosphere for all stakeholders.
• In collaboration with Operations Team, manages processes for reception of guests and inquiries (in person, on telephone, and via internet).
6. Coordinates office management of ICJE with operations team
• Provides for day-to-day management and maintenance of ICJE offices.
• Maintains ICJE filing systems.
• Manages bulk mailings.
• In collaboration with the DCO, provides for hiring, training, and oversight of student workers.
• Shares responsibility for managing office space and operating office equipment.
• In collaboration with the DCO, contributes to the ongoing maintenance of the website and other key communications.
7. Collaborates with the broader work of ICJE.Provides Work DirectionN/AQualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.Knowledge• Familiarity with Jesuit educational mission.Skills• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; PeopleSoft financial management software; Common Spot web software; ability and willingness to learn new computer applications as necessary.
• Ability to hand many details of multiple events in various stages of production calmly and confidently.Abilities• Presents polished, professional demeanor in working with faculty, staff, and students, internal and external stakeholders, as well as Center staff.
• Good sense of humor, high energy and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work non-traditional hoursEducation and/or Experience• Minimum of two years post secondary education; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum three years event planning or financial management experience.Hiring Range$22.42/hour - $25.88/hourOpen Until FilledYes
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://jobs.scu.edu
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California’s Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master’s, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all master’s universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California’s oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency