FACULTY POSITION IN NETWORKING/INFORMATION SYSTEMS
SUNY Cobleskill is seeking talented and innovative faculty to join the college community as we build a new vision for our second century as a college of agriculture and technology. Offering associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs, SUNY Cobleskill values innovative teaching and faculty committed to engaging pedagogies, collaborative and interdisciplinary endeavors, global perspectives, applied learning including internships and undergraduate research, and high levels of interaction with students.
Tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor of Networking/Information Systems in the Business and Information Technology Department; begins August 2013.
The primary responsibility will be to teach courses in the areas of networking, information technology and computer information systems. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the department’s status as a Cisco Network Academy and participation in the development of new curriculum to meet emerging needs.
Faculty expectations also include student advisement, assessment, service, scholarship, and professional development. Teaching assignments may include weekday, evenings, weekend, and online.
A Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems or closely related area from an accredited University. Terminal degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have significant industry experience in the field and possess one or more of the following certifications; Network+, A+, CCNA, Network+ and MCSE along with a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student success. Further requirements include commitment to technical education, use of engaging pedagogies, willingness to engage in collaborative and/or interdisciplinary efforts, and a willingness to teach in multiple modes such as hybrid and on-line courses.
- Tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor begins August 2013.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. Minimum salary level for this position is $50,000.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found; priority is given to applications submitted by April 1, 2013.
Completed application consists of the following:
- Letter of application, addressing qualifications for this position and alignment with college values
- Copies of official transcripts (originals required if hired)
- Current CV, with names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references
APPLICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED THROUGH: