SUNY Cobleskill is seeking talented and innovative faculty to join the college community as we build a new vision for our second century as a college of agriculture and technology. Offering associate's and bachelor's degree programs, SUNY Cobleskill values innovative teaching and faculty committed to engaging pedagogies, collaborative and interdisciplinary endeavors, global perspectives, applied learning including internships and undergraduate research, and high levels of interaction with students.
Teach undergraduate courses in design and computer graphics in a new Bachelor of Science program in Graphic Design Technology. Classes may include Intro to Digital Media, Digital Imaging, Web Design and Animation, and related courses as needed. Other responsibilities include curriculum development and program assessment, student advisement, college service, an active agenda of work in the field, current knowledge of evolving technologies, and on-line teaching when deemed necessary. Further requirements include commitment to technical education, use of engaging pedagogies, and a willingness to engage in collaborative and/or interdisciplinary efforts.
M.F.A. (or equivalent) in Graphic Design. Professional experience and teaching experience preferred. Candidates should have a solid background in digital pre-press and production, expertise in interactive design/Web technologies, and proficiency with major graphic design software.
- Tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor of Graphic Design; begins August 2013.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. Minimum salary level for this position is $50,000.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found; priority is given to applications submitted by April 1, 2013.
Completed application consists of the following:
- Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position responsibilities, and college values
- Copies of official transcripts (originals required if hired)
- Current CV
- Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references
Apply through: http://www.cobleskill.edu/facultyjobs