TWO FACULTY POSITIONS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
SUNY Cobleskill is seeking talented and innovative faculty to join the college community as we build a new vision for our second century as a college of agriculture and technology. Offering associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs, SUNY Cobleskill values innovative teaching and faculty committed to engaging pedagogies, collaborative and interdisciplinary endeavors, global perspectives, applied learning including internships and undergraduate research, and high levels of interaction with students.
Tenure-track appointments as Assistant Professors of Business in the Business and Information Technology Department; begins August 2013.
The primary responsibility will be to teach courses in the area of business administration, including marketing, management, human resources management, and additional business related courses as necessary. Additional responsibilities include participation in the development of new curriculum to meet emerging needs.
Faculty expectations also include student advisement, assessment, service, scholarship, and professional development. Teaching assignments may be weekday, evenings, weekend, and online. Further requirements include commitment to technical education, use of engaging pedagogies, willingness to engage in collaborative and/or interdisciplinary efforts, and a willingness to teach in multiple modes such as hybrid and on-line courses.
Master’s degree required. Terminal degree in business or closely related area from a regionally accredited university or ABD at time of application with terminal degree completed by December 31, 2013 preferred. The ideal candidate will have significant graduate coursework and experience in marketing, management and human resources along with a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student success.
- Tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor begins August 2013.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. Minimum salary level for this position is $50,000.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found; priority is given to applications submitted by April 1, 2013.
Completed application consists of the following:
- Letter of application, addressing qualifications for this position and alignment with college values
- Copies of official transcripts (originals required if hired)
- Current CV, with names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references
APPLICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED THROUGH: