Faculty Position in BIOLOGY
SUNY Cobleskill is seeking talented and innovative faculty to join the college community as we build a new vision for our second century as a college of agriculture and technology. Offering associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs, SUNY Cobleskill values innovative teaching and faculty committed to engaging pedagogies, collaborative and interdisciplinary endeavors, global perspectives, applied learning including internships and undergraduate research, and high levels of interaction with students.
Tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor of Biology; begins August 2013.
Teaching responsibilities will include general biology for majors and non-majors, anatomy and physiology, and courses specific to the applicant’s field of expertise that meet curricular needs of various majors. SUNY Cobleskill emphasizes excellence and creativity in undergraduate teaching. The successful candidate will be expected to mentor undergraduate research and participate in academic advisement, assessment, service, scholarship, and professional development. Teaching assignments may include weekday, evenings, weekend, and online.
Ph.D. in Biology or a closely related field is required. Demonstrated teaching experience at an undergraduate institution is preferred. Further requirements include commitment to technical education, use of engaging pedagogies, willingness to engage in collaborative and/or interdisciplinary efforts, and a willingness to teach in multiple modes such as hybrid and online courses.
- Tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor begins August 2013.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. Minimum salary level for this position is $50,000.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found; priority is given to applications submitted by April 1, 2013.
Completed application consists of the following:
- Letter of application, addressing qualifications for this position and alignment with college values
- Copies of official transcripts (originals required if hired)
- Current CV, with names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references
- Statement of teaching philosophy
APPLICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED THROUGH: